Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Divorce + INDIA + Application at VISA OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohdyasar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Divorce + INDIA + Application at VISA OFFICE
    Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 9:04am
Dear Members

I am in a fix with a situation
I was marrid and applied for Immigration in FSW class, got a request to submit all documents to the VISA Office in U.K.

I was married at the time of submission of all documents, police clearance, etc, now since i am divorced my application is under process, pending reply from the VISA office in U.K. I reside currently in UAE, i want to know the following:

• What document is needed to prove divorce, as we follow indian muslim personal law and we simply have an agreement of mutual divorce signed by 2 witnesses, and my ex-spouse and myslef, notarized, does this suffice, as in Muslim law you dont really need a court order and we as muslims are governed by Indian Muslim Personal Law
  • The divorce took place in INDIA, as my wife was living there and i was here in U. A.E.
  • Will it delay my application, of PR or effect in anyway
  • We dont have any children

Can you please advise is there any other document which they usually need to prove that we are divorced, there is also no spouse names in our passports, as well.

Please advise, i read all over and am a bit confused.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic