Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A general question regarding PR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A general question regarding PR
    Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:45pm

Hello all,

I have a general question regarding permanent residency in Canada. That is I became PR sometimes in October, 2007. I lived in Canada till April, 2010 and left for India with a job offer. I am right now in India. I still have a valid PR card which is going to expire October this year (2012).

My question is can I enter into Canada now (let's say after one week from today) with this PR card and live there permanently?

In the mean time I filed the tax return last year also for the part of the income that I earned till April 2010. So I don't have any tax doc pending also.

I appreciate a reply.

Best regards-

bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 2:05pm
Dear BAS,

Yes, you can re-enter Canada with your existing PR which is valid till Oct-2012. You might be asked questions during immigration clearance in Canada, but that is not a serious issue. You can justify your stay out of Canada.

But, when your PR would expire, you will be asked lots of questions by CIC as to why didn't you stay enough after getting PR, and why should they renew your PR for another 5 years. So, if you are serious to move to Canada, be prepared for interview for PR renewal that would come after expiry date.

Regards,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic