Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2nd applicant's relative points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd applicant's relative points
    Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:38am
can you please confirm me, if the 2nd applicant has aunt in canada ,will it be counted as point.

dose it have to be a relative only for first applicant ?
:)
shef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 1:04pm
does*
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 2:33am
Dear Shef,

Yes, you can get points for relative of spouse.

Regards,
shef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 2:11am
Thank u Bhavikham.
Can u please give me some more information abt this?
If the relative is my spous's first cousin will tht be counted?
He has her aunt too over there...bt the prob is she is recntly out of canda for a vacation nd we might apply ths july ...is Is there a rule tht the relative has to stay at the time we apply?she is a PR in canada!
luckysush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckysush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 2:57am
you can apply anytime as relative  can  stay anywhere also you will get ur aunt's relation points only
lucky
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:57pm
Dear Shef,

You cannot get points for cousin. But you can certainly get points for your / your spouse's real aunt. It doesn't make any difference if your relative is out of India when you send your application. In case of your spouse's aunty, she should have valid PR and she should have landed in Canada.

If you are planning to apply in July, 2012 under new immigration guidelines, you must expect lots of changes. The most important one could be credentials of your qualifications before you apply.

Regards,
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:58pm
*out of Canada
shef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:52am
Hi,
Can u tell me abt the recent change in ielts score? my score came out as in speaking nd listening 6.5 and reading
6 and in writting 5.5 .. Total score is 6.
Is there any minimum score for any particular module?.. Cuz i m not satisfied with my writing score.will they count it with negative approach?
My overall score came as 68 in assesment with this score.do u think tht i need to sit another time fr ielts?
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 5:51am
@ Shef,

As you must be aware, CIC is no more accepting applications for PR under FSW category, as the cap of total 10,000 application has reached in May, 2012. CIC may start accepting fresh applications under from 1st July, 2012 - for which the new instructions are likely to be announced shortly.

For PR applications under MI-3 (July, 2011 to June, 2012), as such, there was no requirements of minimum band in any module of IELTS. Based on your score in each module, you are given points. You may refer below link;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp

I am not sure if the language requirements, in terms of minimum band in each module, is going to be applicable from 1st July, 2012. Just keep watch on CIC's website.

Regards,

shef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 9:22am
Thank you Bhavikham,

I m actually trying for the next july.will look forward for any new rules. Thnx again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic