Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WP expiring,filing PR,urgent help req

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mithdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WP expiring,filing PR,urgent help req
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 2:49pm
hi

my Work permit (open work permit) expires in August end 2010. i am in the process of filing my PR application. my points are complete but i currently dont have a job offer from a canadian employer. I will complete 2 years in the country in August. 

my consultant suggested that it would be best to file my application from buffalo and if required transfering it to India (if my visa expires and cant b extended)

has anyone had a similar experience? i am aware of the timelines. if i directly fiile my application from india it can take up to 5yrs to process and from buffalo, its about 18months.

what should i do? go ahead with filing my application at buffalo. if i get my file transfered, wud the timelines remain the same as that of buffalo?
Artic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 3:44pm
You have until august to find a job and if the job falls under CIC short list than you may qualify for another 10 points (just to be on safe side).

Also you can look into PNP program (depending on your province) which allow you to get work permit until you get your PR.

ALl the best
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.
mwangi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 4:47pm
your open work permit is not renewable and so you would need to find employer, do the lmo nonsense etc., even PNP is a hard shot. I have walked in your shoes, I left canada because my owp expired in feb even though i am at tail end of application process (medicals done). i left in may and currently in venezuela then proceeding to zambia my home country where i will actually start work. i don't see myself returning to canada till jan next yr. yes, it pisses me off completely because i was in cda 3yrs and so would have had 1 yr towards citizenship. but cic are the slowest people on the planet its ridiculous.
mwangi
immigrationconsultan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immigrationconsultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 3:36am
you may be able to apply under the canadian  experience class
Please send me your resume and i will assess
Thanks
Nancy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic