Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Vancouver Pre Test RQ Update***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***Vancouver Pre Test RQ Update***
    Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 12:37am
Hello Everyone,

Here is my Timeline:

Vancouver Local Office

Application received on January 2013
In Process on March 2013
Got the RQ on October 2013
Preparation for Citizenship test received on December 2013
TEST Date: March 26, 2014

I am so happy!! I'm almost done with this long and painful process!!

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Edited by babyboy - 06 Mar 2014 at 11:38am
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 2:39am
Good to see some progress. Good luck with the test.

Don't worry, be happy.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Don't worry, be happy.

Thank you.
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 3:46pm

Don't worry, be happy.

Hi,

Do you think I need to bring all the RQ docs, I submitted when I attend my citizenship test?

Since I was RQ'd already before taking the test, Am I all good for Oath taking Ceremony after the test?

No more of that long wait again?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Edited by babyboy - 27 Feb 2014 at 5:00pm
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:20pm

babyboy:

As I have otherwise indicated, probably no reason to bring all the RQ documents. Bring what they instruct you to bring. Beyond that, follow the instructions, be prepared for the test, get a good night's rest, arrive early, be reasonably presentable in your dress and demeanor, and answer questions forthrightly and honestly.

Personally I would also take a few key documents, like CRA Notices of Assessment, maybe T4s, maybe documents showing where you live (lease or ownership papers), not a lot. Most reports tend to suggest that the interviewer is not interested in seeing any documents other than what is specifically requested. There are a few reports of a different experience, times when the interviewer did look at and appear to consider additional information or documents.

Good luck.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm

Ok. Thanks!

So, I should't worry about me waiting forever again after the test for the oath date (like some applicants) since I have been Rq'd already right?

Thanks lots :)

babyboy:

As I have otherwise indicated, probably no reason to bring all the RQ documents. Bring what they instruct you to bring. Beyond that, follow the instructions, be prepared for the test, get a good night's rest, arrive early, be reasonably presentable in your dress and demeanor, and answer questions forthrightly and honestly.

Personally I would also take a few key documents, like CRA Notices of Assessment, maybe T4s, maybe documents showing where you live (lease or ownership papers), not a lot. Most reports tend to suggest that the interviewer is not interested in seeing any documents other than what is specifically requested. There are a few reports of a different experience, times when the interviewer did look at and appear to consider additional information or documents.

Good luck.

babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 11:17am

Ecas Update:

1.    We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 2, 2013.

2.    We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.    We started processing your application on March 11, 2013.

4.    We sent you a notice on February 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.    We sent you a notice on February 24, 2014 to attend an identification appointment to have your documents and identity verified on March 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Oath Ceremony Date: I will keep you guys posted.

Edited by babyboy - 06 Mar 2014 at 11:37am
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:30pm
I wrote my test today and everything went well. I just have to wait for my Oath Taking.
cicvictim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicvictim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 1:46pm
congrats and good luck babyboy. Can you share details of any questions that you were asked during the interview that may have pretained to any clarifications on the RQ? I am trying to assess if RQs are fully assessed and then test invites are sent out.
app Jun-12, in-proc Jan-13, RQ Mar-13, RQ submitted Apr-13, MP got told i will be called for JH
babyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by cicvictim cicvictim wrote:

congrats and good luck babyboy. Can you share details of any questions that you were asked during the interview that may have pretained to any clarifications on the RQ? I am trying to assess if RQs are fully assessed and then test invites are sent out.

Honestly, I was not interviewed for that long. Less than 3 minutes and that's it! He told me that I passed the test, asked me how I was able to travel too much, verfied all my  passport stamps with my CBSA travel records, and finally told me to wait for the oath taking ceremony.

It was easy brezy :)

Edited by babyboy - 05 Apr 2014 at 2:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic