Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sydney Office timeline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sydney Office timeline
    Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:23am
Hi,

Can someone please shed some insight on the process of application once you send it to the Sydney Office?

I have recently sent my application to this office, I am aware of getting an acknowledgement, but what will the process further be? Will Sydney be dealing with my application or will they send it some where else (case processing center)?

Thanks for all the feedback!
ramikob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramikob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:37am
they will be dealing with your application, they will start in Sydney and then they will send it to Moncton office and then they will send you letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada the step after will be the test date and the oath after, your processing time start from the date they received your file at Sydney office, approximate time from 14 to 18 months, this link might help you to 

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

good luck and best wishes 
RamiKob
ace722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:49am
Thanks for your response RamiKob =) I thought it would be a long process!
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 11:41pm
I think his application will go to either Etobicoke office or to the St. Clair office......local office will schedule test and oath....it takes about 6 months to get the acknowledgement letter once they receive it...
ace722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 9:57am
Bloody hell!

It takes 6 months to get the acknowledgement letter? I would have thought it would be slightly earlier in case sa document is missing and they tell you earlier rather then wasting more time =(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic