Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yay finally got a joint account.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yay finally got a joint account.
    Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:14am
I know that doesn't seem a lot but my bf and I have had the hardest time setting one up.
We got one at RBC and it doesn't charge any monthly fee.

I just didn't like that we had to spend money to take a cab because normally we can walk down but it was slushy snow out. I actually fell down too. No fun. Unhappy They also were serving cake too for the olympics and I got a little canadian flag.

Only bad part of my day: seeing the processing times for extensions go down because I would like to enjoy a long implied status but oh well, can't always have my way now can I. Lol.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:36pm

u got an RBC.. TD is easy but all the best n congrats

javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 5:53pm
Hey congrats!!  I'm looking forward to the day I can worry about a joint bank account Smile  The best we have now is through HSBC but I can't use the account because they never sent me a bank card Angry.  I guess that's a good excuse to go back to visit ...
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 6:50pm
They gave us each a temporary card. Then the real ones are supposed to come in the mail in 7-10 days. So we will see. Hopefully you can feel the enjoyment of having one soon. Lol.
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 7:01pm

javcil are you doing an inland or outland application?

" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 7:05pm
His app went into Mississauga, so it will be outland.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by ColorMePanda ColorMePanda wrote:

I know that doesn't seem a lot but my bf and I have had the hardest time setting one up.We got one at RBC and it doesn't charge any monthly fee. I just didn't like that we had to spend money to take a cab because normally we can walk down but it was slushy snow out. I actually fell down too. No fun. Unhappy They also were serving cake too for the olympics and I got a little canadian flag.Only bad part of my day: seeing the processing times for extensions go down because I would like to enjoy a long implied status but oh well, can't always have my way now can I. Lol.

Others are hoping for a faster processing Yeah you can't win them all. Congratulations on your joint account!!! Inch by inch.... you're getting there.
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:18pm
javcil is female btw Big smile
My app. was outland ... it's headed to Ankara now.  Actually I should clarify ... the primary applicant is my husband, and I am the sponsor.

Edited by javcil - 12 Feb 2010 at 9:25pm
Visa received Apr. 22/10
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:32pm
lol javcil.....I was hoping you were female, cuz you knew a bit too much on all the wedding gown stuff we were talking about..hahaha
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:38pm
haha ... I'd have a good response but it's a public forum and I'd hate to offend anyone Censored
Visa received Apr. 22/10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic