Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oath ceremony

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantoosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oath ceremony
    Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 3:19pm
I have my oath ceremony next week at St. Clair, Toronto. Does anyone has any idea how much time the entire process would take?
bapcaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bapcaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 5:15pm
Heard it takes 2-3 hrs. Approx 70-80 people at a time. 
Different locals may take longer or shorter

Edited by bapcaa - 05 Dec 2010 at 5:15pm
Vancouver
Sent: October 13 09
Book: March 4 10
In Process: August 16 10
Transferred: October 22 10
Test : November 26 10
Invitation Received: February 8 11
Canadian: March 8 11
1y 4ms 23ds
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Fantoosh Fantoosh wrote:

I have my oath ceremony next week at St. Clair, Toronto. Does anyone has any idea how much time the entire process would take?

The ceremony procedures are standards and striaghtforward, usually you'll be done in 2 hours max. However, big ceremonies (large amount of people taking the oath) would add more time for initial papers check, handing the Certificates over, and taking pics with CJ or RCMP officer, so the more people the more time.
Mine will accomodate 400 applicants to take the oath on Dec 15th, i expect  3+ hours, but time doesn't matter for such a great day right?Smile

Edited by edmotonresident - 07 Dec 2010 at 1:07am
"Canada, where good people live"
Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 8:51am
You guys I think you should be gratful, why are you concern about the time the ceremony will take as if it will be more than the time you have been waiting?? You waited 13+ month I thing even if the oarth ceremony takes the whole day or 2 its still a chance alot. Happy birth new born Canadians.

Originally posted by edmotonresident edmotonresident wrote:

The ceremony procedures are standards and striaghtforward, usually you'll be done in 2 hours max. However, big ceremonies (large amount of people taking the oath) would add more time for initial papers check, handing the Certificates over, and taking pics with CJ or RCMP officer, so the more people the more time.
Mine will accomodate 400 applicants to take the oath on Dec 15th, i expect  3+ hours, but time doesn't matter for such a great day right?Smile
Appl Sent 09 Spt 2011, Received at CPC ......., Tranfered to Nairobi.........., In Process.........., Only God knows when
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Ben2009 Ben2009 wrote:

You guys I think you should be gratful, why are you concern about the time the ceremony will take as if it will be more than the time you have been waiting?? You waited 13+ month I thing even if the oarth ceremony takes the whole day or 2 its still a chance alot. Happy birth new born Canadians.

Originally posted by edmotonresident edmotonresident wrote:

LOL @ Ben2009,

Canadian citizenshipship ceremony is one of someone's great days, for some, is a life's change, for others, is a significant solution for big issues (becoming Canadian), for all, is a proud, and you are right, even if it takes 2 days, it deserves our time as it's once in life...

Good point Ben, and wish you the same soon.
"Canada, where good people live"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic