Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you think I qualify for citizenship?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaska2Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you think I qualify for citizenship?
    Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 1:05am

Hello,

My situation:

DOB: 1956

Born in the USA

Father US Citizen by birth

Mother Canadian Citizen by birth

After marrying my father in 1947 she never returned to Canada other than to visit.

I have my mom's birth certificate showing her born in Montreal.

However, my birth certificate shows, "USA" for her citizenship as she had become a naturalized US citizen by the time she gave birth to me.

My mother, so far as I know, never renounced her Canadian citizenship. Later in life she acquired a Canadian passport and was receiving Canadian Social Security payments after she had retired.

I would appreciate any thoughts on whether or not I would qualify as a Canadian citizen. Or, if anyone has had a similar application for Canadian citizenship and the outcome.

Thanks so much for your help.

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 2:16pm
HI

Originally posted by Alaska2Canada Alaska2Canada wrote:

<p ="p1">Hello,

<p ="p1">My situation:

<p ="p1">DOB: 1956

<p ="p1">Born in the USA

<p ="p1">Father US Citizen by birth

<p ="p1">Mother Canadian Citizen by birth

<p ="p1">After marrying my father in 1947 she never returned to Canada other than to visit.

<p ="p1">I have my mom's birth certificate showing her born in Montreal.

<p ="p2"><span style="line-height: 1.4;">However, my birth certificate shows, "USA" for her citizenship as she had become a naturalized US citizen by the time she gave birth to me.</span>

<p ="p2"><span style="line-height: 1.4;">My mother, so far as I know, never renounced her Canadian citizenship. Later in life she acquired a Canadian passport and was receiving Canadian Social Security payments after she had retired.</span>

<p ="p2"><span style="line-height: 1.4;">I would appreciate any thoughts on whether or not I would qualify as a Canadian citizen. Or, if anyone has had a similar application for Canadian citizenship and the outcome.</span>

<p ="p2"><span style="line-height: 1.4;">Thanks so much for your help.</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;"></span>

1. You are probably a Canadian citizen by descent. You apply for proof of citizenship. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp
PMM
Alaska2Canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaska2Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 3:43pm
"Hi,
To check your eligibility kindly gothrough the link and fill up the assessment form .
https://secure.officio.ca/qnr?id=1415&hash=04e2da7bef4cb47db8692d78924eb075"

WARNING to others. This post and website is a scam. It has NOTHING to do with citizenship qualifications.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic