Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In Canada- Job related discussions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backtothefuture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Canada- Job related discussions
    Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
Hi All,
I wasn't sure where to post, however, I just wanted to open up a topic to discussing with those already settled about the-ir job situation, by that I mean, those who got laid off, yet to find a job, transitioning, having difficulty finding their background job etc... I belive we could lean/learn from one anothers experience as we settle in this new country.

Come 11th would make 1 month since I've been laid off and I've been looking ever since, I've filed for E.I. I would get hardly half of what I used to draw for 49 weeks, given todays economical standings it's difficult to find the job your most experience in. I had 7 yrs of expeirence in a particular field back home, once I steped in Canada, it was difficult least to say to jive into what you have been doing back home, its difficult be choosee, hence I took what was out there just to get started, worked the ladder for a year only to find myself back to the bottom of the rung..

I understand this topic may not be right for the forum, but, it gives an insight and the opportunity for others to share thier side of the story.. Peace.
imran01 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imran01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 2:35am
seniors,
plz through light on this topic..
asood7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asood7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:57am

I am jumping in to this topic to make it active and hoping others will join in too and share their thoughts/experience.

Let me share my experince. I did my entry in April 2009 and stayed in Toronto for 3 months , but could not find anythiug worthwhile. And then decided to leave and come back to India and joined my previous job.

I have arouund 12 years of IT experince (Support, Development, Project manager) and PMP cdertified and have worked in USA for 5 + years. Based on my experience and people I know, I am still not clear why people are so crazy about Canada.

All, feel free to express your thoughts opinion

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic