Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mar/Apr/May/June 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 71>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iateapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mar/Apr/May/June 2011
    Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 10:07pm
I am starting a new thread for Mar - June 2011

My wife application details as follow

Number of Applicant: 1
Application Sent: May 18, 2011
Application Received: May 20, 2011

No update since then not even on ECAS
dedicated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 6:46pm
Hi there,

I sent my application on May 16 and it was received on May 19. I can't check my status online as CIC officer said they were opening April 20 received application.
Anyone has an idea on how long does it take to open an application?
thanks
dedicated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 6:50pm
just talked to cic officer..they are opening letters received april 26..so few more weeks i guess.
iateapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iateapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:02am
Dedicated,

My wife's application was received on May 20, 2011. Her online status is updated last night to "Received"
barracudan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barracudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:46am
Originally posted by iateapple iateapple wrote:

Dedicated,

My wife's application was received on May 20, 2011. Her online status is updated last night to "Received"
Thats great. I sent in my application beginning of May and my eCas hasn't been updated yet.... hopefully any day now I guess (ignore my sig - that timeline is for my wife's app).
Mississauga ---
Sent: May-2 2011 | Received: May-6 | E-Cas: Jul-15 | Letter: Jul | In Process: Jan-13 | Transfered: Feb-16? | Test: Mar-5 | Oath: May-28, 2012
Longprocess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longprocess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 9:32am
Hi Everyone, Guess I am the new one here, sent my application off on June 15 by UPS it was delivered on June 16 to the CIC office in Sydney, Figure i will wait another 2 weeks before checking e-cas.  By the way i am in toronto.  So here is my time line to date:

Application sent: June 15, 2011
Recieved: ??
E-cas: ??
Letter: ??
In Process: ??
Transfered: ??
Test Date: ??
Oath: ??

Will fill these in as they happen.

Edited by Longprocess - 29 Jun 2011 at 9:43am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longprocess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:34am
Hi Everyone, after reading your comments I contacted the call centre and the agent told me they were opening applications dated May 27, I think they are moving really quickly, guess mine will be opened by the end of the week.  This is great!
dedicated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dedicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:04pm
Hi there,

I checked my status and has been changed to received. I guess the mail strike speed up the process a little bit..Will update on new things.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longprocess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 11:27am
Applications are being opened for May 31st as of today.  This is awesome, I think they are really moving quickly, good stuff CIC.
barracudan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barracudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 4:12pm
I called the call center to ask why I am not able to login to eCas, since I had sent in my application in the beginning of May. There were not able to pull up anything based on various IDs... the agent sent a message to CPC to further verification.... asked me to wait 30 days to call back and check... if my package got lost in the mail, I pretty much lose 3 months of processing time by then :(... hopefully they just forgot to update eCAS and my acknowledgment letter is held up in the Canada Post backlog.
Mississauga ---
Sent: May-2 2011 | Received: May-6 | E-Cas: Jul-15 | Letter: Jul | In Process: Jan-13 | Transfered: Feb-16? | Test: Mar-5 | Oath: May-28, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 71>
  Share Topic