Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peru timelines and immigration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peru timelines and immigration
    Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 3:56am
Looks like we're starting in a brave new world and the posts from the old forum did not get moved over, which is a shame as there was a lot of useful information there. Here is the link to the old forum:

Link to the Old Forum

Please include any useful information or current anecdotal experiences to this thread and we'll try to build it again.

I got married just a couple of weeks ago, have received the official government receipt and expect if all goes well to have my package put together shortly, and will be paying all the fees this week. Hoping to see a lot of the contributors from the old thread with the tons of useful info and insight they provided. Best of luck for prompt processing all!

Edited by talion - 16 Feb 2010 at 4:19pm
Landed in Canada June 24, 2010
Citizen app rcvd Sept 17,2013
in process Nov. 25, 2013
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 3:06pm
It appears that the medical exams in Peru take place in Lima and the the tests are forwarded to Trinidad, for whatever inexplicable reason. The results are then forwarded out from there. does anybody have any input on how long the processing time is to do this?

Also, the 3 doctors we spoke to contradict themselves on whether the results are then sent directly to me in canada, or back to her in peru. Also, in speaking to one peruvian guy who now lives in Ontario, having done this before, he says that the results are forwarded back to the embassy directly and wait for the balance of the application there.

so in short, where do they go and how long do they take? :)
jstmarried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:30pm
Hello talion,
i wondered why no one was posting in the old thread. i just noticed today. about the medicals they do the testing in lima wich it is a pain and the file gets send to haiti for analysis . they handle all of south and central america. Results are sent to visa office specified yours being lima takes about 25 days i am not too sure, however you get a form that you put with your package at the time the doctor is performing the I am sorry i forget the name of the form, my husband has now been here for three months its great.
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 9:45pm
Hi jstmarried!

Apparently the medicals now get sent to Trinidad, but otherwise the same deal.

I'm really happy for you! Glad it's going so well, and can't wait for that to be the case for me too. I'm sure many of the others haven't made the connection between the old board and the new one either, since they're not getting any reply notifications. When I have a bit of spare time I'll try moving some of the material from the old board over to this new one. There's some great stuff in there that shouldn't be lost.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:50pm
no your right port of spain trinindad is were they are sent i was confused. yes there is good information there. Not many come online. Although my hubby is here i sometimes have some spare time at work and see how things are going.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jstmarried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:52pm
make sure to apply for tourist visa 1 month after your application arrives to peru who knows and maybe youll get your application approved faster. ours did.
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:25pm
coincidence of timing? what is it that accelerated the process by applying for a tourist visa?
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 2:51pm
With a great big nod of thanks to all of those on the old board who compiled and provided the wealth of information (singlefather, Tatatiu T etc...) I'm going to transpose some of the links and info from there over here for the use of the new generation of visa seekers. I'll skip the old timeline links as these are likely no longer relevant

let's start with the Peru version of the CIC site, if you want to be able to read info in spanish. (no spanish forms though)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/peru-perou/
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 3:01pm
sending certified mail from Peru, costs and timeframes (spanish only)

http://www.serpost.com.pe/
talion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 3:22pm
actually, the random gobbets of very useful information are too widely spread to bring in a piece at a time, so for anyone coming new to the forum I'd suggest that you go in and have a look at all the stuff our kindly predecessors left for us. here's the link:

(moved the link to the opening post)

Edited by talion - 16 Feb 2010 at 4:21pm
Landed in Canada June 24, 2010
Citizen app rcvd Sept 17,2013
in process Nov. 25, 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic