Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my file was referred to Program Support Unit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbow33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my file was referred to Program Support Unit
    Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:04pm
i received a letter of delayed application recently, saying that my file was referred to Program Unit for final review which will cause addtional delay, what does it mean, anyone knows? Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
rainbow33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbow33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:49pm
nobody knows? so sad....
kal_ottawa View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_ottawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 10:34pm
No idea... read this

Permanent Resident and In-Canada Protection Program Delivery is comprised of two units. The Immigration Program Unit is responsible for providing functional advice and guidance relating to the application of all provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) related to the Immigration program (i.e. permanent residence) including admissibility, misrepresentation, criminality, medical issues, as well as non-compliance with the residency obligations for permanent residents; coordinating the guidelines and manual amendments relating to the Immigration program (permanent residence); the primary liaison with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) on mutual interests. The Inland Refugee and Protection Programs Unit manages, coordinates and provides functional guidance on front-end refugee claimant processing (including application of the Canada-US Safe Third Country Agreement); the Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) process and in-Canada landings of protected persons and develops operational guidelines, manuals and training material.

source:
|sent:dec14,2009|received:dec16|ecas:may21|letter:jun10|process:nov11|transfer:jan05|FP:feb01|test:mar15|oath:apr20,2011|
rainbow33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbow33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 11:17pm
Thank you for your reply.  I really don't know why my file was referred to that department, before the
Delayed Application, they asked me to submit my son's official birth certificate as I submitted the hospital one( I did when i applied permanent resident), my son was born when i studied in Japan over 10 years ago although I am from another asian country, I asked my friend in Japan to get the registration of my son's birth from Japan goverment division,they could retrieve it and Japanese Embassy in Vancouver issued my son's birth certificate, mailed back to cic, i assumed they sent me the letter as soon as they received it, cic didn't believe me?
canada 332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada 332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 5:12pm
me too my case was just reffered to program support unit. got the same letter that rainbow got could someone please tell me what this unit is and what they do in cic?
iateapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iateapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 12:35am
from CIC manual

Decision-making guidelines for changing date of birth

The decision regarding a change to a date of birth will usually be made at the beginning of the process. This means that in most cases, the decision to change the date of birth for citizenship grant or proof applications rests with the Program Support Unit in CPC-Sydney. It is an internal policy at CPC-Sydney to have two officers review a file and documents when a decision may result in a denial of services or a negative decision. The decision, however, rests with one officer.

When a case is referred to Case Management Branch, the case review officer makes the decision. Once a decision has been made regarding the date of birth, the decision will not be revisited by another officer in CPC, Case Management Branch or in the field unless there is evidence to show that the decision-maker was missing relevant information to render the initial decision

salmonti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmonti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:41am
does your file still in Sydney or transferred to local office ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada 332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:40pm
it's still in sydney

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada 332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by canada 332 canada 332 wrote:

it's still in sydney
but there is a change of names i did before i applied for citizenship

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada 332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by rainbow33 rainbow33 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I really don't know why my file was referred to that department, before the
Delayed Application, they asked me to submit my son's official birth certificate as I submitted the hospital one( I did when i applied permanent resident), my son was born when i studied in Japan over 10 years ago although I am from another asian country, I asked my friend in Japan to get the registration of my son's birth from Japan goverment division,they could retrieve it and Japanese Embassy in Vancouver issued my son's birth certificate, mailed back to cic, i assumed they sent me the letter as soon as they received it, cic didn't believe me?

me too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic