Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR CARD NOT RECEIVED EVEN AFTER 4 MONTHS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAMRSUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR CARD NOT RECEIVED EVEN AFTER 4 MONTHS
    Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 11:14am

I LANDED IN CANADA IN MARCH 2010. I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MY PR CARD EVEN AFTER 4 MONTHS. I AM NOW OUT OF CANADA. I AM UNABLE TO CALL IMM. AUTHORITIES ON THE HELPLINE BECAUSE THAT LINE CAN BE CONTACTED ONLY FROM CANADA. HOW DO I CORRESPOND WITH THEM TO GET MY PR CARD.

RAMRSUN
YOUR FRIEND
can2k9 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can2k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 12:23pm
they send email for the delay. in my cousin's case his pr card is delayed coz of his photograph problem, he has resent the photos. immigraton never answere your calls outside canada. you will have to return back after getting a travel document from the consulate in your country. it is not advisable to leave canada without pr card. my cousin wanted to leave but have decided to stay till he gets it.
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 2:22pm
Whose address did you give when you landed?
Are you not permanently not moving to Canada or what?
ariaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 5:56pm

Hi !

Just a quick question, How long will it take to get PR card these days after Landing ?
My wife arrived here 5 weeks back but her PR card yet not arrived.
Please advise ?
regards

ARIAZ
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:03am
Timeline for new cards for recently landed PRs has been four to six weeks by most accounts.

An original PR card will only be sent to an address in Canada.

A replacement PR card usually must be picked up in Canada, physically, by the PR.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
bootchies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bootchies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:27pm
My wife just got her card after 8.5 weeks.  At the 6 week mark, we called to inquire about the PR card and the officer we spoke to told us that they are extremely backed up right now and current wait times are 8 weeks plus the time for mail to arrive from their office to your house.  It turns our that the officer's wait time estimate was very accurate.
ariaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 3:16am
Thank you Guys !

regards
scorpioo View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpioo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 7:21am
Hey Ramrsun,

You can reach the helpline from outside of Canada. Dial 001-613-944-4000

If you have a touch-tone phone, press "1" for English, (You will get a message that says the menu has recently changed and there are now eight choices.)

Press "2" for "Immigration or Citizenship or obtaining visas to Canada"

You will immediately hear a click, do not hang up, you are being transferred to Citizenship and Immigration. You will then hear the Citizenship and Immigration message.

At that point you can press "1" for service in English, press "2" to check the status of an application in process, press "2" for Permanent Residents, at this point you can either enter your eight digit client ID # or simply press "0" to speak to a representative.

I landed on the 1st of June and till now havent received my PR card. I called the Immigration yesterday and the agent said that generally it should have been received within 30 days however, he said that he will write an email to the authorities to find out the reasons. He then asked me to wait for 1 month and if I dont receive it, I should call back.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you get your PR Card

Best Regards,

Originally posted by RAMRSUN RAMRSUN wrote:

I LANDED IN CANADA IN MARCH 2010. I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MY PR CARD EVEN AFTER 4 MONTHS. I AM NOW OUT OF CANADA. I AM UNABLE TO CALL IMM. AUTHORITIES ON THE HELPLINE BECAUSE THAT LINE CAN BE CONTACTED ONLY FROM CANADA. HOW DO I CORRESPOND WITH THEM TO GET MY PR CARD.

RAMRSUN
ariaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 3:39am
My wife has got her PR card exactly 6 weeks after the landing.

regards
scorpioo View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpioo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:33am
Congrats!

I am still waiting for my PR Card. Landed on the 1st of July

Originally posted by ariaz ariaz wrote:

My wife has got her PR card exactly 6 weeks after the landing.

regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic