Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMakes me sick.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makes me sick.....
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:54am

This is the truth.... If you want to hear it or not.... it is.  I was looking up movies pertaining to Haiti the other day.... and I ran across a movie regarding Haitian men and middle-aged white women.  This is the only damn movie I could find. 

Now, I could not help but realize, the similarity between this movie's circumstances and real life... when considering the Caribbean and North American women (caucasian woman). 

Oh, by the way, this movie is based off of a true story..... it revolves around a couple of middle aged white women from the states.... going to Haiti to find young men... because they feel unwanted by the men in "their own land."  UMMMMMM.... maybe cuz they were old as dirt....

But, these shameless women, went to Haiti and slept with BOYS younger than their own kids age. 

Now, what sickens me is that in this dialogue, these women stated, "Oh, we don't like black me in the US, but we like them here in Haiti."  Ummmmm.... cuz, maybe they are poor, and bow down to you like your their damn slave owner?

I'm sorry, this movie made me sick and it also made me realize something..... OLD WHITE WOMEN!!!!! STOP GOING TO THE CARIBBEAN on your 2 week vacations and marrying 20 year old men!  Cuz, I don't want to see any fricken immigration special on your ass's being used by some "foreigner" for immigration and trying to make immigration laws more stringent because of your own stupid assed decision to marry someone younger than your own kid..... that's your problem and please do realize that you have been married once or twice and if not at all, then realize something must be wrong with you.... if you have to go across the world to find a man to marry you at the age of 60.....

Sorry, the truth hurts, and stop clogging the damn immigration system....

reena103 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:57am
Let us young people get married and have a chance to live while we're young.... you've been there and done what we strive to do.... 20-30 years ago! 
reena103 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:58am

I dare you to come and talk to me about this topic or insult my opinion... please do tell your circumstances  before you do so.... so that we can all understand where your coming from......

launched View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:16am
wow ...that sounds racist ...what you just said.
GildaNewBrunswick View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 9:45am
Reena

If I were you, I would only worry about why you had to go to another country to marry the first time when you were young!

Think before you open your mouth----many older women did not purposely make a decision to "find" a husband abroad---sometimes, things just "happen". 

I certainly did not plan on it, I am not definitely a "loser", I don't want someone to bow down to me, we have equal rights in Canada in case you forgot-----Take a check of your inner self before you conti ue in an unhappy life!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:49am
My first wife was 26 years older than me. We were both British, is there some problem with someone marrying someone who is younger or older? So you want an insult of your opinion, sure, you are jealous, get on with your own issues and your own life, surely the fact you are on this board says you have more issues to contend with that worrying about someone legally marrying someone who is, what you see, morally too young.
My marriage lasted 7 years, it was not perfect by any means, but I still get along with my ex wife, it didn’t work out because we grew apart with my work and our differences in our social outlooks, in other words, we spent more and more time apart due to circumstances.
Now my fiancé is only 9 years older than me, but is that wrong also? Please tell me the official age limit so I know what I should be sticking to in accordance with your superior morally correct ideals.
My advice to you, would be, in future mind your own business and let people get on with their own lives, whatever they perceive them to be.
Otherwise, run for world president and change the systems, at what point does age conquer love?
My new in-laws to be initially questioned our situation including me marrying someone 26 yeas my senior, both my fiancé and I answered with the same answer, ask whatever you will about us being together now, but my past is nothing to do with you and my ex wife has nothing at all to do with the situation, well that is how I put it, my fiancé was a little more abrupt.
Or is it OK by you as I married someone older but of the same race?

Edited by redeagle - 10 Dec 2009 at 11:50am
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
Ravenesque View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:23pm
Reena, if you're going to call out old white women going to the Carribbeans to marry young Haitian boys, you might as well play fair with your stereotypes and call out the old whit grampa's marrying young asian chicks. And how about those Russian mail-order brides, eh?
-----------------------------------------
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Dec-29-2009 - Sponsor Apprvl
Jan-14-2010 - AOR Buffalo
Feb-05-2010 - File to Seattle
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:28pm
It appears to me that someone would be better suited to Jerry Springer shows than immigration.ca forums.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
mingus View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:29pm
hey Ravenesque,
I was just going to say the exact thing!!!
reena103 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:08pm
As a woman of color, growing up in a "white is right" world.... and having dedicated years of university to studying "wonderful" social issues such as stereotypes, racial, ethnic and religious discrimination and all the ism's you can think of..... It quite apparent that the act of being racist actually refers to one who has the power to oppress whoever they are targeting their views at.  Now, considering the fact that the social heirarchy goes from white man to white woman.... thennnnnn, men of color and thennnnnn, women of color, I don't have any power to be "racist" against white women or men.  The real world does not allow this to happen, kind of like a food chain, unfortunatly I am at the wrong end of the chain. 

Now, I did not go to my husband's country to marry him, we met while he was here and we were studying, getting a higher education.  I did not marry the "cabana boy" or bell boy at the resort I went to vacation at.  We found eachother in my surroundings.... and its quite normal to date people when your in college that are your peers.... at least alot  more normal than going on a resort vacation and finding the bellboy who is 30 years younger than you to marry. 

And the women in here who have made comments do not know ONE THING about racism, because they are part of the group which oppresses people of color.  Do not pretend to understand what I've been through, what any person of color has been through.... and just because you marry a person of color, does not make you understand our plight.  Of course, you don't think racism exists in Canada.... HELLO!!!! CUZ YOUR NOT AFFECTED!  It is easy to say something does not exist if your not the one who is the victim.... lol....

It is gross that these old men marry women half their age as well... and the mail order bride thing is gross too.... either way it is... however you should watch that movie, "Vers le sud"  and tell me what you think of this..... is it okay for women from North America to go to a poor nation and have relations with 14 year old boys in exchange for money? 

And then all I read on here is (mostly women) going to resorts and marrying their bell boys, and then half of them come here and are left within a week and then they go complain to immigration. 

This is just clogging the system and making it harder for those of us who actually were in ACTUAL relationships before getting married. 

And no, I am not sorry that I am saying any of this, if no one else has the gutts to say it, then I WILL! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic