Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship timing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship timing?
    Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 11:21am
Dear members

I have been living and working in Canada for 6 years now(Turkish origin) and applied for my citizenship in November 2008 and the department sent me a little booklet called "Look at Canada etc." along with a letter confirming that they received my application form. I received this booklet and the letter in March 2009 and I am still waiting for my citizenship test date!!!. Is this normal? when I called them a few days ago , they said that I am still in the time frame! , after receiving the letter and the booklet within 12-16 months, I can receive the letter for the test so far it has been 12 months!! , is anyone experiencing the same? Where do I complain or appeal if this time is riduculously long? thank u
DrSec View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 11:40am
what's your status in eCas?
Delia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 12:09pm
PR card holder for the last 6 years...they say that my files are in Toronto and process may take time as I am still in the time fram of 12-16 months period!!! is there any request body or department I can ask what's going on, the call centers are not helpful and do not know what's going on all they say is that it is in the deparment dont worry you will receive the test date sometime in the near future!!
JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Delia Delia wrote:

PR card holder for the last 6 years...

Client Application Status

you say you have one of this?...

DrSec View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 4:04pm

Deila, using the website that JBE specified in the above post you can check your application status. Client ID is 8 digit number on front of your PR. If you like you can post your timeline here, so we get more idea about your situation.

sputnikx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sputnikx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 4:16pm
I find that awfully long, you should have had your test at latest around Nov. 2009 (more likely though May or June).

Did you move during your application or were you requested to have fingerprints taken? Other than that, I can't see why you wouldn't have had your test since CIC tries to get the test done in the one year time frame after application was received in Sydney.
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 4:54pm
What city do you live in? Processing times vary from one city to another.
Delia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 7:06pm
I live in Richmond Hill. I already checked with the call center, they are saying that there is nothing wrong with my application! they could be too busy! as I am still in the time frame!. Call center people told me that If I re-read the letter it says that i will receive a test date within 12-16 months after receiving the booklet and the letter so he insisted I am still in the time frame and if I dont receive anything another 3-4 months than I should call back!. Is there any appealing body or complaint department I can personally go and check what's going on? thanks everyone...
Delia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 7:14pm
When I go to their site--the below is written about my status! but everyone says that this an awfully long time. What do I do? Whom do I complain to?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 19, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on November 19, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 20, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship and Immigration Operations Ontario office on May 6, 2009. The Citizenship and Immigration Operations Ontario office will contact you if additional information is required. The Citizenship and Immigration Operations Ontario office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
JBE View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Spammer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Delia Delia wrote:

When I go to their site--the below is written about my status! but everyone says that this an awfully long time. What do I do? Whom do I complain to?

LOL !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic