Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Three years, eight months and 16 days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three years, eight months and 16 days
    Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:01pm
We got mail!!  I have been waiting for so long to post this message!!Clap

Quote The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada appears complete.  You should submit your passport(s) before Dec 21, 2010.  The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive (catch the irony?) so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested . . .

I honestly wondered whether this day would ever come, and I cannot let it go by without saying a very special thank you to everyone here.  You have all been so incredibly supportive of us, and have never failed to encourage - throughout this whole ordeal.  Of special note: my friend matthewc . . . you know, Matthew, that we would never have made it through this had it not been for your knowledge, calm assurance, perspective and - most of all - your patience.  From Day 1 after the refusal you pointed us in the right direction and we are forever grateful.  

I can not even begin to mention all the others, because I know I would forget someone important - but I want you to know that being here has kept my sanity intact.  On the darkest days I knew I had somewhere to go where people would understand.  I will never stop trying to help others the way I have been helped.

I really thought, when and if this time ever came, that it would sort of end up feeling very anti-climatic . . . but let me just say, that is not the case.  We are over the moon and I am so happy to share it with all of you.  Cheers!!Beer 

Edited by RobsLuv - 30 Nov 2010 at 8:42pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
sugahmonstah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugahmonstah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:12pm
Congrats! Love conquers all :)
I'm new here so you don't know me but see...even strangers are happy for you!

Edited by sugahmonstah - 30 Nov 2010 at 10:40pm
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:15pm
 congrats   i bet you cannot contain your joy.. am happy for you
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:25pm
congrats!!!!

This is amazing news, I am so happy your battle is FINALLY over. Hope you can land in time hahahahah
MrsI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:34pm
 Robsluv, CONGRATULATIONS to you, and hope you have  a great life from now on.

I am happy the nightmare is over for you!

Was the news coming via mail or e-mail?

By the way I liked the title of this thread ;)

Good luck to you and to all coming behind, which are in the row waiting to get their visas :)

Edited by MrsI - 30 Nov 2010 at 7:37pm
EnglishMuffin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnglishMuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 7:34pm
Congrats Robsluv, especially after all you've been through.

You've been of tremendous assistance to who knows how many people on this and your other forum, whilst you've had to deal with the many hurdles that the immigration process threw your way yourself.

In the two years it took our case to be finalised, I forget how many times you and other seniors on this forum helped to steer us in the right direction. We somehow managed to never lose hope because of people like you.

I hope that life in Canada with your husband and family is everything you wanted it to be. I can share your sensation that the end didn't have an anti-climatic feel to it, we were jumping for joy.

New and different challenges ahead for you, but of a positive nature, with your new Canadian residency status. Congrats again.
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:32pm
Everyone is being so amazing -  Embarrassed (Tears!)  Your warmth is coming through loud and clear and it just reinforces what I realized recently: without the nightmare, I wouldn't have the blessing of all these friends.  You're the best!! 
Originally posted by MrsI MrsI wrote:

Robsluv, CONGRATULATIONS to you, and hope you have  a great life from now on.

I am happy the nightmare is over for you!

Was the news coming via mail or e-mail?

By the way I liked the title of this thread ;)

Good luck to you and to all coming behind, which are in the row waiting to get their visas :)
The letter came by mail.  They may have tried to email me, but I can't even remember what email address I gave them way back when.  Glad they don't only send it that way!   Can you imagine?!!
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:53pm
Oh this is such wonderful news!!!!!! :) Congratulations RobsLuv! Party Beer

Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
Calvados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 9:52pm
RobsLuv, congratulations, I am really really happy for you!!
From my day one of this forum (and yeah, another one too :-) ) I saw you giving detailed, knowledgeable,  thoughtful and patient answers to all kinds of people. May your good karma never leave you ever again!
robyng65 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyng65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 12:36am
Robsluv, you know me well, I have been posting here for a long time, I have called on your advice so many times. I am so happy for you and your hubby and my best wishes. My case is going back to reprocess after the federal court dismissed the judicial review that Immigration Canada applied for against my winning of our appeal, I hope we don't have to wait more than a year for our visa, I will continue to hope it will come in 6 months. Keep in touch and keep posting on here, your wise advice will help those who are new to this process.
Married Sept 2007
Applied to sponsor Nov 2007
Refused March 2009 (Non genuine)
win all appeals Oct 2010
reprocessing May 2011
REMED June 2011
WAITING TIL FOREVER FOR PPR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic