Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FILE TRANSFER TO ALBERTA RHQ OFFICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FILE TRANSFER TO ALBERTA RHQ OFFICE
    Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 8:32pm
Hi guys,
Today evening  i noticed a change in my e cas , which says the file was transferred to
 RHQ Alberta Office on April30, 2010, earlier it said file was transferred to Calgary Office:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 17, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on July 17, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 18, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the RHQ Alberta office on April 30, 2010. The RHQ Alberta office will contact you if additional information is required. The RHQ Alberta office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

Can anybody explain what this means and the effect of this on my  application  ? Thanks a lot
shaz
App Rec'd July 17/09; Started Processing Mar 18/10; Transferred to Calgary Apr 30/10;Test-waiting; Oath- waiting;
dingbats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingbats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:12pm
hi shaz,

we are in the same boat with you.

I noticed yesterday the same notice with  "RHQ ALberta".

my husband means that the calgary office is behind the schedule and they gave the files to edmonton.
Beaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 1:53pm
Does that mean Regional Head Quarters? Must be something new...
Alamo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:23pm
May be it is a process to balance the work load between Calgary and Edmonton...But will applicants from Calgary have to pass test/interview in Edmonton and vice versa ?
dingbats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingbats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:56pm
@alamo

perhaps edmonton will help out calgary with the huge files?

only the calgary people who waits for a test date goes to edmonton!?

but I really don't know!!!

@beaver

I found under "Regional Head Quarters"  only two in calgary and edmonton, but they are safety companies who protect people, houses and property.

My Timeline:
CIC received appl. on January 19,2009
Started Process. July 13,2009
File Transferred to Calgary office on September 22,2009
Test & RQ September 28,2010
Oath ceremony ????
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:56pm
Hi Dingbats , today i called up cic twice to check what " RHQ Alberta" means, the agents told me that it means calgary and that  my file is in  process in calgary  , it was just that the system was updated  and from now on calgary will be known as "RHQ Alberta ", any news on yr oath ?
shaz
App Rec'd July 17/09; Started Processing Mar 18/10; Transferred to Calgary Apr 30/10;Test-waiting; Oath- waiting;
iwannabecanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwannabecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:10pm
i concur.   other than the name change of their office, no update 8(

that name change kinda stopped my heart beating for a couple seconds though.... LOL
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:22pm
same here .. lol
shaz
dingbats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingbats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:59pm
@shaz

nothing till yet.Thumbs Down 

still waiting and checking cic online twice a day Ermm

My Timeline:
CIC received appl. on January 19,2009
Started Process. July 13,2009
File Transferred to Calgary office on September 22,2009
Test & RQ September 28,2010
Oath ceremony ????
shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 5:06pm
ram75 from calgary  has pretty much the same timeline as you do  , his oath is june22, yours should  be anytime now , keep us updated, all the best   Smile
shaz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic