Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship Delays in the News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship Delays in the News
    Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:35am
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/12/02/bc-citizenshipbacklog.html

I found a few articles criticizing the insane citizenship delays, that we all know about. 

Although I am not sure why the lady in the article didn't just apply for a US passport (I am presuming she has 
dual citizenship) to go to Hawaii, this article illustrates just a very small example of what most of us have to go through 
while waiting.

I also wonder what there isn't more media coverage on this issue, especially that the processing time is even
 longer now... Also, read the comments in the bottom of the article. Interesting to see what the public
thinks of this in the context offered.

Edited by Vancan2012 - 09 Jan 2013 at 3:37am
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:24am
One more article...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2010/10/26/pei-citizenship-applications-backlog-584.html

Wonder what happened to the new staff? If this measure proved to work 2 years ago, 
what's stopping them from doing it again?

Edited by Vancan2012 - 09 Jan 2013 at 4:28am
Roca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:40am
These are old articles my friend! But thanks
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:58pm

It appears from the comments posted under these articles that Canadians want government to stop bringing immigrants ad should just say "NO". They complain that immigrants are causing them more taxes and stuff. I find that very sad.

I have paid more than 100,000 income tax in this country and never applied for EI, welfare or rarely received any medical care. I wish everyone could be more informed before making so hateful and hurtful comments.
From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.
polarbear View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:23pm
Folks Evil Smile

These articles are of no use now, they are from 2010 and 2011.

Any videos or articles in 2013, that what matters.

Cry
Wael55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wael55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

It appears from the comments posted under these articles that Canadians want government to stop bringing immigrants ad should just say "NO". They complain that immigrants are causing them more taxes and stuff. I find that very sad.

I have paid more than 100,000 income tax in this country and never applied for EI, welfare or rarely received any medical care. I wish everyone could be more informed before making so hateful and hurtful comments.

Some ignorant people feed off the kind of rhetoric echoed by a government who sees us as second class.

I am in the same exact boat you are in vefabuyuk. I paid that much tax, if not more, never ever applied for any form of social assistance, be it EI or welfare and I am an able healthy male who only goes to the doctor for yearly checkup.

Intel View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Wael55 Wael55 wrote:

Some ignorant people feed off the kind of rhetoric echoed by a government who sees us as second class.

I am in the same exact boat you are in vefabuyuk. I paid that much tax, if not more, never ever applied for any form of social assistance, be it EI or welfare and I am an able healthy male who only goes to the doctor for yearly checkup.

Then you should thank Allah for being healthy and financially stable. Not many immigrants are blessed as you are. 

I do not support Harper's government actions. However, I do not believe that "ranting about Canadian government dealing with us as second class" will support our case (in fact, I believe it can make the things worse for us). Please note that bureaucracy within Canadian government practices is not that different from within middle east countries. The only difference is that you have better freedom to complain and raise your voice, which can also be taken from you simply in the name of national security. 

In my opinion, the If there is a loophole in the regulations that you can use, go for it instead of wasting your time and energy in public forums. If you also believe that the your waiting is getting unacceptable, go and file for the writ of mandamus.

Edited by Intel - 09 Jan 2013 at 10:01pm
foxfoxcool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfoxcool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:24pm
The so called "Native Canadian" do not care, so whatever news there will not make any difference. Those news are 2011, 2012.... they did not even help or drew any attention or change anything. Instead, the process is getting slower every day. Conservatives do not care, since all these immigrants cannot vote. Plus: it seems the "Native Canadian" are not "really" very welcome new immigrants anymore.... Things changed overtime and Canadian got educated differently now...

Edited by foxfoxcool - 09 Jan 2013 at 11:25pm
Jan 19/2012 - Received. Feb 06/2012 - Got acknowledgement. Nov 16/2012 - In process. Feb 20/2013 - File is transfered to local office. Completed the test on March 21. Waiting for ceremony.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Roca Roca wrote:

These are old articles my friend! But thanks

Yes, they are a couple of years old, as I had indicated. The content is still relevant and pertinent. I never claimed that I obtained them before thy hit the press.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 11:48pm
My focal point from the articles is that CIC attempted to address the backlog in 2010 but according to what we are seeing today it has failed miserably. These articles have been provided for background and history, not for being hot off the press. It also provides background on the delays being related to the new citizenship rules that came into effect in 2009...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic