Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

visitor visa islamabad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: visitor visa islamabad
    Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 1:17pm
hi

my mother applied for visitor visa on jan 19th for visitor visa to Canada and has not heard anything back. just wondering what is taking so long.  the processing time according to CIC is 56 days but we are well beyond that. 

anyone have any insight?

thanks
Legend_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legend_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:12pm
Hi,

Not a good news as I also applied for my mother in law very recently on March 15 and expecting to get visa for her by July. Yes, this is what the website says about the current processing time. What I should suggest you at this point is that since your waiting period has way gone over the time given on the website. You can write them an email givig the full name of the visitor and Date of birth and asking them what is goind on?

You can send your email at this address;

[email protected].

Please update me as well.
iusfani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iusfani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 1:48pm
My parents have applied visit visa from islamabad on Feb 02. We contacted Islamabad embassy & as expected, same response was sent. No idea what is going on with islamabad office.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legend_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 1:40pm
Iusfani... what was the response that you received when you contacted Islamabad. How did you contact them? By email or by phone call?
zubair_usman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zubair_usman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 11:47pm

Guys, have you heard anything yet regarding the visas.  I have also applied for my parents on Feb 28 and no news so far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legend_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 11:51am
Zubair.... Since riamo and iusfani has not reviewed the form for a while and therefore no response has been posted here so I believe either they have gotten the visas for their parents or simply they dont wanna bother with it for now? So Zubair you applied on Feb 28 so i guess for you it has gone over 60 days now (waiting is 56 days as per their website info) why dont you drop an email to "[email protected]" and find out whatz happening and pls post the response that you get from them.

Edited by Legend_guy - 09 May 2011 at 11:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zubair_usman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:44am
I have sent them an email but no response.  I called Fedex and they told me it is taking 3+ months :( to process a visa application for Canada.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legend_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:49pm
Ok. That is what I have been hearing from people who have recently got visa for their parents. They told me it is taking somewhere from 3 months to 5 months depanding upon the case. But you did the right thing by dropping an email. Hope they will reply you soon. There is nothing you could do beside waiting. I have also made up my mind that it wont happen before 3 to 4 months. Anyhow, if you get any updates on the issue pls update here and I will do the same as well.

Good Luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zubair_usman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 7:41am
Hi,
I have received the passports today.  It took 11 weeks for them to process the application.  Wish you guys all the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legend_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 11:43am
Hi Zubair,

Its a great news ! Thanks for updating. Atleast, now we know they are not sleeping and applications are in process. Do you mind telling what was the reply in your case. YES or NO. Your parents got it or they have asked them for something else. Kindly update on this too. Thanx.

Edited by Legend_guy - 16 May 2011 at 11:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic