Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ Processing at St. Clair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RQ Processing at St. Clair
    Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 9:00pm
Does anyone knows about RQ processing time at St Clair office. Was handed RQ form during the test on Nov 22 which I have submitted 0n Dec 13. I was 40 day short of Physical presence.
Thanks
Sandy
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 8:54pm
Check the following thread (a lot of pages) for RQ-related discussions:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19&title=rq-discussions

justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 7:05pm
I have been waiting since Nov. 2009. So they are pretty slow, as canvis2006 wrote check out RQ topic to have an idea
received by CIC May 4,2009>process started May 7,2009>transferred June 11, 2009>test August 28, 2009>RQ req. August 31, 2009>RQ submitted Nov. 2, 2009>Oath date Jan. 21,2011.ST.Clair, Local Office
dontmindhelping View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontmindhelping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by justified justified wrote:

I have been waiting since Nov. 2009. So they are pretty slow, as canvis2006 wrote check out RQ topic to have an idea

stay tuned. coming relatively soon: now processing RQ received september-october 2009.
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 1:05am
Originally posted by dontmindhelping dontmindhelping wrote:

Originally posted by justified justified wrote:

stay tuned. coming relatively soon: now processing RQ received september-october 2009.

Really????
i hope you are right.

hopully there won't be much backlog because of the Christmas
received by CIC May 4,2009>process started May 7,2009>transferred June 11, 2009>test August 28, 2009>RQ req. August 31, 2009>RQ submitted Nov. 2, 2009>Oath date Jan. 21,2011.ST.Clair, Local Office
compliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 8:39pm
I want to know the RQ timeline at St.Clair office.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by compliance compliance wrote:

I want to know the RQ timeline at St.Clair office.

There is no reliable source of information about how long RQ is taking generally, let alone at particular local offices, let alone for individuals. Moreover, there have been significant changes since May of this year which are likely to affect the RQ timeline for many, so even what might be gleaned from the timelines of those who have gone through RQ before does not much indicate how it is going to go from here.

The place to read more background and discussion and observation regarding RQ timelines is in the RQ timeline topic, which as I recall, did begin with someone reporting who was going through RQ in the St. Clair office.

More about factors affecting the RQ timeline has been posted in the more recent posts in that topic.

And of course, it will be appreciated if you too share your timeline.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
compliance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compliance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 9:56pm
Thanks. My timeline is as follows.
Applied  Nov 2010
Test Nov. 25 2011
RQ  Nov. 25 2011
RQ submitted  Jan 2012
Reason for RQ: old passport was missing (I found the old passport after the test, and submitted the photo copies to CIC)
CIC office: St.Clair

I just got the GCMS notes, and saw 2 update on Dec.2
1. test passed, 
2. no Judge hearing required

Because there was no update since Dec.2, 2012, I was wondering if I still need to go through the judge hearing step. Any one know that?

canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 8:07am

Edited by canuck25 - 06 Oct 2012 at 10:41am
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 8:19am
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

My RQ is currently processed by the St. Clair office. I was advised two days ago by a CIC agent that the St. Clair office is quoting the following timeframes: (keep in mind these are more conservative than the reality)

- RQ review and processing - 14 months; if after such review a hearing is not required you will be placed in the queue for the oath ceremony;
- citizenship oath ceremony - 6 months;

In the event that a hearing with a citizenship judge is required after your RQ is processed, you are looking at an additional 16 months.

Hope this helps.

Wonder how believable is that, given that based on edmonton2011's spreadsheet St.Clair office was typically scheduling oath immediately after test (for routine apps, I would assume). There are a number of cases with test in month 11, and oath immediately after that in month 12 (from the start of processing).
Now, CIC agent says 6 months to schedule oath... which is contrary to people's experience, unless... CIC is doing "double whammy" for RQ recipients - i.e. they first burden you with RQ and it's timeline, and then deal a second blow with a separate slow-moving oath queue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic