Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Surrey,BC timeline for Oath after Test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surrey,BC timeline for Oath after Test
    Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 6:01pm
Hi,

If we can have a thread for timeline after Test so we have a idea how much we have to wait for Oath in Surrey,BC.My test was Jan 19,2011 and still no news on Oath.
ankurshah77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ankurshah77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 4:53pm
Ha...Ha..

Have some courage to wait...

I gave my test in November 2008 and still my file in in CIC office Surrey.  When I go there they don't give answer and say its under process...

Good Luck....
ankurshah77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ankurshah77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 5:31pm
Surrey got the new Judge.. So Hopefully things might start working now....

Minister Kenney announces Citizenship Judge appointments and reappointment

Ottawa, February 7, 2011 – A. Dane Minor has been appointed as a Citizenship Judge in Surrey, British Columbia, and William Smeaton has been appointed as a Citizenship Judge in Niagara Falls, both for three-year part-time terms, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

Minister Kenney also announced today the reappointment of Judge Harold Gilleshammer for a three-year part-time term in Winnipeg.

Judge Minor has extensive community experience in issues related to youth crime, gang violence and victims of crime. Prior to his appointment, Judge Minor served as Vice Chair of the Victims Advisory Council to the Parole Board of Canada and Correctional Services Canada. In 1993, he co-founded Crime, Responsibility and Youth in 1993, and worked with the organization until 2003. Judge Minor holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, where he majored in Economics and minored in Political Science.

Prior to his appointment, Judge Smeaton served the people of the Niagara Region for many years in several different capacities. Most recently, from 1992 to 2010, Judge Smeaton was Regional Councillor at the Regional Municipality of Niagara. He also served as the Mayor of the City of Niagara Falls from 1984 to 1991, and as Chair of the Niagara Falls Planning Committee, the Niagara Regional Planning Committee, the Niagara Falls Illumination Board and the Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Mayors Conference.

For the biography of Judge Gilleshammer, please visit
www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/commission/cit-judges.asp#gilleshammer.

Citizenship judges are responsible for making decisions with regard to citizenship applications, presiding over citizenship ceremonies and administering the oath of citizenship to new citizens.

For further information (media only), please contact:

Alykhan Velshi
Minister’s Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC[email protected]

van2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 5:40pm
did you get a RQ?That is very long time to wait my friend.
Joanna1898 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanna1898 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 6:20pm
I had write test on  Feb 1,2011, still waiting for oath
van2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 3:44pm
any more applicants from surrey , BC ?
m_shah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_shah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 6:29pm
I've my test date for 23rd March (as checked online) but seems like the CIC office has sent the invitation letter to a wrong address. 

Do they still allow us to sit for test based on our passport and their system data or we need the letter anyhow? If so, I guess will need to postpone my date unless I receive another letter on time.

Ria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 12:59am
Hi my test date is close to urs 12th jan 2011 and i am also waiting for oath how long it takes in surrey.
ria
van2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 12:05pm
hopefully its sooner...they advised to wait for 2 month after the test date.I am hoping we get the oath letter sometime this month.
Ria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 6:09pm
 one of my friend she said she gave her test on November 2010 n still she is waiting  for her oath is,nt that strange how come surrey is too late in giving oath and one of the lady she gave in vancouver on 11 jan 2011 n she got her oath in feb that,s in vancouver na getting why dis is so.
ria
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic