Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vancouver September 2009 Test Takers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haddad21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vancouver September 2009 Test Takers
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:42pm
Hello,

I am creating this thread specifically for those who are in Vancouver and submitted their citizenship exam in Sep 2009 and waiting for their Oath letters/dates. For me I submit my exam on Sep 22nd, got an RQ, submitted all required documents with enough proof on Sep 25th and hoping to get my oath with no delays.

Hope everyone will share his status,

Good Luck for everybody,

Regards,
mitamata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitamata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:55pm
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but I was wondering how long the process has taken you so far. I only landed this year, so I'll need to wait a good while longer before applying for citizenship, but I am wondering how long of a process I have to 'look forward to'.
Outland - spousal - Vienna - 2009
Feb 16th - app received at CPC-M
Mar 3rd - decision made at CPC-M
Mar 27th - received AOR
Apr 29th - PPR received via email
May 12th - Passport with visa received :)
ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:28pm
haddad,
THere is a thread about RQ. Can you please post your RQ reason (if known) and your experience for the benefit of others?

ecs
haddad21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haddad21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:57pm
Hey Guys,

Answering how long, I submitted my citizenship application on December 24th 2008 and was received by CIC on December 29th. As for the RQ reason I have posted this before in the old version of RQ. It was because I had multiple short trips to submit my CCIE exam, twice to Dubai and twice to brussels, which made the officer doubts my physical presence in Canada. I did submit all the proofs and hope the documents satisfy her. I am not lying and have faith that with rules and laws my application shouldn't be delayed.

Regards,
Dual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:15pm
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on November 25, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 1, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Vancouver Citizenship office on June 3, 2009. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you if additional information is required. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on July 28, 2009 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2009 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

***Any updates on anyone getting there oath date for Sept 29 Test-Vancouver?
haddad21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haddad21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:39pm
Not for me, looks like Vancouver Santa has forgotten about us this year. :-) There are many ceremonies in December though...
Dual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 3:00pm
Any updates for Sept 29 Test Takers Vancouver?
mfk2512 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfk2512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:53pm
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on December 4, 2008 XXXXXX. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We started processing your application on May 11, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Vancouver Citizenship office on June 4, 2009. 

We sent you a notice on July 30, 2009 to XXXXXX to appear and write the citizenship test on September 30, 2009 at 10:15 AM. 

We sent you a notice on December 8, 2009 to XXXXX to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 23, 2009 at 8:15 AM.
haddad21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haddad21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:39pm
Thanks mfk! I did my exam on Sep 22nd and received no updates. Dual any updates for you?

Regards,
haddad21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haddad21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 11:40pm
mfk you are vancouver office right? Not Surrey...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic