Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

common law pt 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: common law pt 2
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 6:44am
Hi guys I just need an opinion
we sent the application on December 1st ( you know 6 kg of stuff) as common law partners. this required to have lived together (no matter where) minimum 1 year.We sent everything about that, every little proofs (bills, common bank account etc).
the application passed the first step (acceptance for the sponsor, i.e. me) Missisauga on december 31st 2009.

it was sent to Quebec, who accepted on January 20th adn finally sent everything to Rome s office.
Rome received the application on February 2nd but they opened ONLY on March 26th (i am wondering what this pack was doing in rome for 1 month).
from this date, the average waiting period for Rome is 5-7 months, that means that we still are in the timeline (26 march - now is almost 3 months).

I have met two people while I was at the immigration office in Rome. One guy, who was under the same same sex relationship status. He met his Canadian boyf only 7 months ago and they decided to get married to get the process faster (what he told me). His sent the application on December too, but 20 days after me. The file has been opened in rome the exact same day (26th of march) and he got his visa 1 month and half ago.
same thing with another girl that I met in Rome the same day.married with a canadian man after less than 1 yer they know each other and have already the visa. all these people sent the applications in december 2009 (like us).

I mean these things are making me crazy.My partner went to rome's embassy one month ago. He also proposed to give additional proofs (pictures, bills etc) to certify even more our relationship, but the immigration officer at the counter told him not to, because they had enough proofs yet.

should be get worried? or maybe is better not to think about the process time of other people. I know that sometimes immigration officers gets nervous is you bring presson on them.I was wondering if we can contact a lawyer.do you think it could change something?

another question: we sent the application to quebec because is where my partner was living. BUT since june 1st he has been sent to toronto for work for 1 year. he took an apt in toronto and we have both names on the lease (i have moved to toronto with him on june 7th and i am going to stay for a while).
considering that our application is on the final stage do you think we should advise the immigration officers that we changed address? my biggest concern is that application for PR from quebec to other provices requires some documents that are different.
moreover, we paid the quebec fee (250 dollars more for the application) and we wont be remboursed in this case.
what do you think? should i send a letter to immigraiton in rome saying in 5 lines that we are in toronto for one year (reason of my partner (sponsor) work, sending documents (phone bill, bank statements and lease) with the toronto address, or leave everything like that,,,in order not to send additional documents?
does this one will slow down the application?

thanks a lot
for all the info
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:11am
every case is different so i will say since you are within the normal process time line, just have the chill pill and relax, it will come through soon for you.
visitor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote visitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:26am
you definitely need to inform of the changes in address and send additional supporting documentation.

While I was reading your story I got confused. Could you clarify some points like: Who is sponsoring who? And why is Quebec involved?
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:55am
Let them know of the address change. I've even read posts where this sometimes gives them a little "hello I'm still here".  Comparing your timeline to others is no different then comparing them to what the CIC site posts. That is why they are average times because every case is different.
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:19am
Sorry guys I will be more clear
I am the person sponsored. My boyfriend is a Canadian PR and he s sponsoring me. 

quebec is involved because we sent the application through Quebec...but my boyfriend has been transfered to Ontario for one year.

so that is why I am asking if I should advise them. I called the Immigration Canada number and the guy on the phone, super nice, told me: you send a letter?eamil to mississauga and rome. Be clear and keep it simple.
something like: i moved to toronto. my boyfriend is going to be there for one year. Our intention is to be back after that.

He suggested me not to send anything else. because in this case they MAY not send me additional proofs to show. However, if they will, I know I need to provide two additional documents

the IMM 1344 B called sponsorship agreement and the statuory declaration of common law.
concerning the IMM1344B they ask for information concerning financial  requirement to sponsor right?
I would like to know one thing: 
my partner started working 4 months ago after haviong been a phd student...so had no salary in the 12 months before the application. right now he gains really well...does it going to affect the application?
Saya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:28am

The sponsor side has already been approved, you are waiting for the applicant side of things now. Don't bother sending additional info, if they require more they'll ask. This is where making sure they have the correct mailing address comes into play (unless they rely on email).

Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:42am
Yeah, the sponsor side is done so don't worry.

Unfortunately, you're comparing yourself to married couples. Common law is always a bit harder to prove. Marriage is a big, legally binding commitment. It kind of says a lot to the IO on its own. Common law, I think, means a bit more digging into the genuineness of the relationship and, more than that, digging into the joint accounts and finances to be sure that you really have joined your lives together.

Be patient, you'll be okay. Common law just has a bit of a higher burden of proof because the marriage commitment isn't there yet
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:04am
thanks a lot guys,,
I agree with SAYA that i should not send additional informations...or files that the appliction in quebec/canada has not.

if they want they will ask for me. I will get them prepared. Anyway, the only two they should ask me are the IMM1344B and the declaration of common law (signed by a lawyer).
these documents are the ones that usually you are not supposed to send for a quebec residency (but although you have different ones and you have to pay extra fees, as I did).

this person on the phone told me not to send additional information because our process is almost at the end of the average timeline. 

but concerning the 1344B, if they ask to me, can you please give me some information about this financial requirements? I meanwhen they ask you the income of the last 12 months...will it affect the status of the decision if my partner was a phd student (almost no income, only scholarships) in the last 12 months before the application was sent?
considering that right now he has a really well paid job...
just to have some infto about this 1344B.
thanks a lot guys and for your support.

ps> about the genuinessess of the relationship. last month my boyfriend went to rome s office trying to know if there were some update on his application.he also had with him a file with extra documents to send to ROME.also extra foto.. extra proofs./..they told him
' you will give us only if we will ask you'

so..
mrkplm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrkplm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:05am
for the change of address:
should I do it by phone and internet...or only by internet?
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:13am
There is no income requirement and his sponsorship was already approved so don't worry about it.

For the address change, if Rome takes phone calls then I would call them with the update. If not, I would e-mail. Talking to someone to get confirmation of the change seems to be the best bet though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic