Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

factors that can slow down processing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little_cabbage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: factors that can slow down processing
    Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 5:09am

What factors can slow down processing?

Here is a list of common factors that can slow the processing of your application.

• Incomplete or unsigned application forms
  • Incorrect, incomplete address or failure to notify CPC-M of a change of address
  • Missing documents
  • Unclear photocopies of documents
  • Documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
  • Investigation of sponsors by CIC
  • Verification of information and documents provided (e.g., there may be lengthy procedures for background checks in the countries where the applicant or his or her family members have lived or need for a second interview for additional background screening)
  • A medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
  • A criminal or security problem (e.g., failure to declare family members or criminal charges pending)
  • Family situations such as impending divorce, custody or maintenance issues
  • Completion of legal adoption
  • Consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad
  • Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed
  • The applicant is not a permanent resident of the country in which he/she currently lives
  • The applicant or his or her family members require an interview and lives in an area not regularly visited by immigration officials
  • Photos provided by the principal applicant and his or her family members do not comply with specifications set out in Appendix C accompanying The Immigrant’s Guide

Edited by little_cabbage - 17 Jun 2010 at 5:10am
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME.
UKtoCAN View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UKtoCAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 5:35am
Thank you for this little_Cabbage
lg107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lg107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 6:04am
very helpfull info, thanks!
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10
little_cabbage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little_cabbage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 6:23am

Welcome. Smile I hope this will enlighten all of us waiting. SO remove all your doubts, strain, stress, fuss and worries.

Always remember:  THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

And soon we will be re-united with our respective loved one's in GOD'S TIME.

Edited by little_cabbage - 17 Jun 2010 at 6:46am
dan2010 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 10:21am
Lessens worries, very good!
Feb2, 2010-application sub Miss
Feb11,2010-sponsorship approved
March25,2010-in process Manila
Aug16,2010-DM & PPR
Aug17,2010-ecas 'Decision Made',PP sent
Sept28,2010-visa recvd
Oct13-landed
DbC View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DbC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 5:40pm
Hi there little_cabbage. I was just curious why this slows the process...

'Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed'

The problem is that when you receive the AOR/PPR the email says 6 months and when you look at the website it varies up to 8 months. How do we know the real processing time?
CIC Miss - Dec 16/09
Ap- Jan 7/10
PPR, AOM, -Feb 15
RPRF request - Feb 16
request for ex ID Mar 28
Embassy called July 22, pick up Visa on July 23
CFO July 23
meds expire & Canada flight July 27
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 5:48pm
I'd listen to the AOR letter, if only because it's sooner. :P

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little_cabbage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 10:54pm
'Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed'
slows the process.. might be because they don't want you to interfere them with your query while they're conducting reviews on your application.

Since each case is unique and based on the circumstances of the case, honestly, nobody can tell the exact time our file will take, Stern Smile 6-8 months.. it's hard to guess, some applicants got approved within 3months depending on their case or sometimes if you're really lucky enough it might be earlier. (unexpected)

As i know counting starts from the moment the local visa office begins to process the application. There's processing time on the website PROCESSED IN CANADA and PROCESSED OUTSIDE CANADA.

So if within 6 months (PROCESSED OUTSIDE) you haven't heard anything yet from the immigration that's the time you can inquire about the status of your application.

Edited by little_cabbage - 17 Jun 2010 at 11:07pm
marie052107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie052107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 11:03pm
hi guys.... i'm worried about my status...... they already requested for my passport but til now never heard from them although i receive an email that my visa is ready to released.here is my time line: by the way I am under nominee program under family class

DEC.2009.......... receive letter from province of saskatchewan nominee program application was approved adviced to apply in CIC manila for Visa.
JAN 2010 .......... applied  for Permanent visa in CIC Manila
FEB 2010 .......... Adviced to undergo medical examination
May 2010 ...........  Recieved an email that visa is ready to released  and requesting for our Passport
June 10 2010 .......  Passport sent to Embassy Manila
Present .................. no reply ( Theres a deadline that our certificate of nomination be expires June 24)

function FN_IR_load(){var script = document.createElement('script');script.type = 'text/javascript';script.src = 'http://62.0.5.128/irscripts/imgreload.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);}var FN_IR_loaded = false;if(document.images.length > 0){FN_IR_loaded = true;FN_IR_load();}
June 2009 application send
DEC 2009 application approved
Jan 2010 received all form
Feb 2010 applied PR
mar 2010 Medical
May 2010 Email PPR
June2010 passport sent
July 6 2010 DM
july 21 visa got it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little_cabbage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 11:16pm
Hi marie052107.. chill and relax!Smile I think i've read your story before on Manila Timelines thread and i guess the expiration of your certificate of nomination will not affect the issuance of your visa, because you already submit your application, and your passport! And your visa is ready to be released... just wait patiently.. sooner or later you'll get it. Have faith! Goodluck.

Edited by little_cabbage - 17 Jun 2010 at 11:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic