Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can I get a work visa if I got deported from U.S.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can I get a work visa if I got deported from U.S.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookingforjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can I get a work visa if I got deported from U.S.
    Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:25pm
I worked in the U.S. for 3 years with a work visa, my visa expired and I stayed illegaly there I've never comitted a felony, six months later I got deported to my homeland, now I have a job offer to canada and I'm afraid a work visa for me could be denied.any info will be appreciated. thanks.
bobjoe. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobjoe. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 7:37pm
Why did you stayed illegaly in the US?
lookingforjob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookingforjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 11:08pm
because the economic resession,there was no jobs in my homeland,and my boss told me I can keep working at my own risk.I now it was wrong but you now the economic situation in latin america.  
visitor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote visitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:50am
how much time elapsed since your deportation?

The deportation does not do any good to you but if it was an overstay and more than 6 months passed since the deportation and you did not violate any other conditions while you were there working I think you still have a fair chance of getting issued a WP.

Just be honest and straightforward in your explanation why it happened and do not conceal anything.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookingforjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 1:17pm
I was deported a year ago I didn't violate any other law, I just submit my application and I told the truth, thanks for the advise and I will be honest about what I did.
bobjoe. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobjoe. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:05pm
Am very sure CIC will understand and grant you work visa...wish you luck.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:29pm
Hi

Originally posted by lookingforjob lookingforjob wrote:

I was deported a year ago I didn't violate any other law, I just submit my application and I told the truth, thanks for the advise and I will be honest about what I did.

There is a good chance that it will be refused, as by overstaying in the US will make CIC/CHC you will not respect the Immigration laws of Canada.
PMM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookingforjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 5:07pm
thanks for the good wishes! I'm hoping so Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookingforjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 5:11pm
I now, but I hope they allow me to get a visa, I stayed because of economic situation, I now that is not excuse to broke any country's law, there was no jobs in my country. thanks for replay.
Smile
libertyguy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libertyguy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 2:31pm
ort.

Edited by libertyguy94 - 21 Dec 2012 at 10:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic