Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Withdrawing Application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Withdrawing Application
    Posted: 28 May 2010 at 11:49am
I sent my application to be sponsored by my spouse 3 weeks ago,but i have decided to withdraw because the relationship with my sponsor has broken down,because she has decided to see other people,and i dont want to take the risk of being dishonest to immigration.I would like to know if you get all the forms and evidence back when you request for a withdrawal??
kwabena kwabena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwabena kwabena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:24pm
people withdrawals can u pls help as i dont know what happens when u withdraw yr application..

help help help.

Hang in here help will come as ppl in this forum are the best
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one...
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:28pm
I know someone who had their application returned to them by CIC had everything returned.

I would assume it works the same for withdrawals, but I can't be 100% as I never withdrew mine

I do know that you should withdraw asap or you won't have the PR processing fee refunded. Right now you only forfeit the $75. Waiting forfeits the $475 fee as well if it goes beyond the sponsorship stage

Edited by audball - 28 May 2010 at 1:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwabena kwabena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 5:41pm
so in this case after paying everything up front and one withdrew which part of the fee is refunded and also are all your documents sent back to you and who does these documents go.

Let us know what ahppenes wehn u withdraw n what stuff u get back..

I have no idea.

good luck and sorry for your relationship..... 
jay2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 6:17pm
thanks for the replies..I am hoping that i get the documents back..everything happens for a reason
Modi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 8:02pm
If you want to withdraw your application, write to CIC Vegreville or whatever and inform them that you want to cancel the sponsorship.They will probably refunds you your money.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 10:43pm
I am sorry for your relationship ending, probably better that you know that now rather a month or two into your application being processed, I should imagine if you fax CIC stating you wish to withdraw your application then your whole package should be returned and your fees refunded (I think you lose the $75 sponsorship fee but not sure, might depend on weather they have even opened your application or not Applications sent on or before April 19 2010 are being processed so you might be lucky and catch it in time when did you mail it?

But definitely don't hang around on this one, make sure to include your full name, date of birth and Client Id if you have one (should be same as the one in any previous Visa's/Visitors records you have held in Canada!) Plus your sponsors full name and date of birth and perhaps quote your receipt number may help to locate your Package!   

Good luck
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwabena kwabena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 5:16am
So in this case you get everything back...  ie your form, photos cards and everything right???

Is just said but it is alos good that you know this at this early stage..   cheer up and try n move on as it might be the best decision u have taken..  good luck
jay2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:08am
Thanks all..i sent my application on May 6th it was received on the 9th..I would be sending a fax today,and also a mail for the record

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwabena kwabena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 9:10am
let us know what stuff u get back and also in terms of $$$$ as i hear u will lose $75....

Guys what if the application was in its latter stages, ie have been approved, and  ie say if it was outland, has been sent to the processing country's post  and it says in process?????

Do u still get everything back???  what do u get back....?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic