Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out of country record

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friedfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out of country record
    Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 6:27pm

Does Canadadian Immigration keep records of a person being out of the country for certain period of time? If my passport does not show any absense out of the country (i.e  enrty and exit stamp), does immigration have anyway of finding out whether I was absent from Canada? There reason I am asking these question is that I have only one record (stamp) on my passport for being out of the country for a month. Eventhough I was out several others times, visiting country never put stamp on my passport. Does this mean that I was officially out for one time( a month) only as per as my Citizenship application?

Please advise.
Cheers.
Friedfrog
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 10:07pm
no. they also have their own records. So eventhough you don't have stamp they record it. But they may have missed some of the exits-enters depends on the officer. but they usually do.
You can request those dates. not sure what they called though. my lawyer requested a while back. I am not sure if this can affect your case negatively so double check it before you request that record IMO
strongasbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongasbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 10:55pm
Thanks for the advice. I will check with my lawyer.
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 12:41am
Originally posted by friedfrog friedfrog wrote:

Does Canadadian Immigration keep records of a person being out of the country for certain period of time? If my passport does not show any absense out of the country (i.e  enrty and exit stamp), does immigration have anyway of finding out whether I was absent from Canada? There reason I am asking these question is that I have only one record (stamp) on my passport for being out of the country for a month. Eventhough I was out several others times, visiting country never put stamp on my passport. Does this mean that I was officially out for one time( a month) only as per as my Citizenship application?

Please advise.
Cheers.
Friedfrog

friedfrog,
Check your passport clearly, if the Canadian CBS agent does not stamp enter/exit your passport, the countries you have visited might have controlled your passport and stamped it "enter/exit".
Beisde, when you usually leave/Enter Canada with your national passport, you are asked for your status in Canada and requested to show your PR Card, The agent (eventhough he/she doesn't stamp your passport), he/she swipes your card.
Why you think they swipe it? The dates you exits/enters Canada will be automatically recorded in a Database Networked program and is available for specific Canadian Agencies to accessWink
"Canada, where good people live"
kitchenergirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitchenergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 6:21am
Hi evedrybody

The dates you exits/enters Canada will be automatically recorded in a Database Networked program and is available for specific Canadian Agencies to access
Edmontonresident:how an you explain that some people never lived in Canada (for 1095 days),got their citizenship?
I heard that there are cases where people just land,leave for 3 years,comeback and apply and got there citizenship.how do u explain this?
Thanks

Edited by kitchenergirl - 06 Mar 2010 at 6:22am
justified View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 12:51pm
hehehe I would say "luck" and my case would be the unlucky case (got RQ  etc.) :(
ParadiseCrystalz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ParadiseCrystalz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 1:25pm
Kitchenergirl,

Were these recent cases where they got their citizenship without staying here? Or was it awhile back?
Office:Windsor Apply:Feb 17,09 Rec Exp-post:Feb 23,09 Online Stat Recieved:Jul20,09 Recieved ACK:Aug6,09 Process Start:Sept22,09 File Trans:OCt21,09 Test:Jan6,10 RQ:Jan6,10 HandedRQ:Jan12 Hearing:???
iwannabecanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwannabecanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 1:33pm
i heard from a reputable source that cbsa does not record the pr's exit from canada but they do record the pr's entry/re-entry into canada (or at least they are suppose to).  this makes sense since they always say you cannot return to canada without your pr card but they never say you can't leave canada without your pr card.  this is why some people land and then return home the following day to finish some business and they are able to leave but there are no pr cards to swipe since they don't have them yet.  they are also advised to have someone here who they can trust to send them their pr cards when they are released otherwise they need a travel document to return.  of course i really can't say because i have never been out of the country since landing here as a pr a while back.  i think you can even request from cbsa through atip for your travel history.

Edited by iwannabecanuck - 06 Mar 2010 at 1:41pm
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by kitchenergirl kitchenergirl wrote:

Hi evedrybody

The dates you exits/enters Canada will be automatically recorded in a Database Networked program and is available for specific Canadian Agencies to access
Edmontonresident:how an you explain that some people never lived in Canada (for 1095 days),got their citizenship?
I heard that there are cases where people just land,leave for 3 years,comeback and apply and got there citizenship.how do u explain this?
Thanks
Those frauds happened before the introduction of the PR card
"Canada, where good people live"
premaman3 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 3:13pm
the entry records can be traced.....but CIC has to follow some procedures in regard to the privacy policy act to be able to get them ,So usually they do not do that,since it cost them a fee of $5 and consumes time.they prefer to issue an RQ instead.also this record will show only the entry,so any one can say I left Canada two days ago ,while in fact he is away for theThe bottom line is: they can if they want,but usually they dont.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic