Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GCMS Received

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GCMS Received
    Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 9:16pm
I requested my case GCMS/ATIP on October 1 and received it on October 24 2012. There are few surprises in the 33 page document. Some tells me why CIC is almost inefficient and has longer processing times while others are purely wrong information.

1. I applied for Citizenship on 2011/05/16. It is still in processing as at today.

2. CIC created my file on 2010/03/31 at 17:34:33 (created by officer 1-6SUP1B). Do you see the difference in the date I submitted my application and when the file creation was done?

3. My FOSS Clearance expires on 2012/12/24
4. My RCMP Clearance expires on 2012/12/28
Here is where I see waste in the system. How can CIC allows Security clearances to expire and redo it at the cost of tax payers or increase work load on the security agencies for no apparent       reason.  

5. Between the time I submitted my application and October 22 at 13:58:58 when the GCMS was completed, 28 CIC staff have gone into my file and did almost nothing (no activity code). I   personally believe there is too much and unnecessary bureaucracy and time wasting at CIC. No     matter the level of verification required more than 5 people working on the same file (sometimes     the same day is waste, especially at CIC)

6. Thunder Bay Ontario used to be my local office until recently. My file was sent to Thunder Bay on January 17th 2012 (actual RECEIVED STAMP not printed time stamp). Nothing happened to my file at the local office until July 18th 2012 when it was returned to Sydney. What was this local office doing for all that long time? Another waste in the CIC system. 

On the  19th of July, my file was assigned to Mississauga) and that is where it is now.
Certificate Creation has not started. Case has not been assigned to a judge, Test is not scheduled except that Mississauga has already viewed my file 12 times.

I called the Call Centre and was told since my case is at Regular Priority and my Clearances are expiring, I should send a letter with some supporting documents to a case processing officer (gave me the address) to move it from Regular to Expedite. I sent it today but not sure it will work.

By the way all the documents I submitted with my application are scanned to my file including the front and rear sections of the Xpresspost envelope.

I think the problem killing CIC is bureaucracy and not immigration fraud. 
SK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 12:30am
How do you know that 28 have gone in and looked....in our report we could only see notes name....or some activity like rq received and attached......there is not record of who looked at the app and when if they didn't do anytIng
Forestmember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 7:52am
Originally posted by SK SK wrote:

How do you know that 28 have gone in and looked....in our report we could only see notes name....or some activity like rq received and attached......there is not record of who looked at the app and when if they didn't do anytIng

By checking the different and unique "Updated by" I was able to know the number of people who went into the file. For example, the unique "Updated Bys" such as SADMIN, CONV_ADMIN, PP04356, PP14526, B9112, AC84562 amounted to 28. 

How do I know they sometimes did nothing? I reached that conclusion because sometimes it took less than a minute for say SADMIN_2 to update something before PQ10539 updated the same thing with the same Activity ID. Moreover, if they were doing something, I would have passed the in process stage long ago. Lastly, there was not a single update by my former local office other than the dated RECEIVED Stamp in mid January.

How do you know when...? Each Updated By has a corresponding Updated Date which also include the hour, minute and second something was done to the file. I am not looking at the time generated at the footnote section of the document (like userID IK0035). I looked at the document content itself. 

It could also be you requested something different from what I did (not sure of that). I requested for Physical Files of my application under the Access to Information Act. From this forum, I also learnt that CIC can redact some information from the GCMS before making it available to the client
tst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 3:17pm
What is Foss clearance?
Applied-June,24th,2012
Acknowledgement-July 27,2012
In proecss- Nov 25, 2012
Clayton View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Forestmember Forestmember wrote:

I requested my case GCMS/ATIP on October 1 and received it on October 24 2012. There are few surprises in the 33 page document. Some tells me why CIC is almost inefficient and has longer processing times while others are purely wrong information.

1. I applied for Citizenship on 2011/05/16. It is still in processing as at today.

2. CIC created my file on 2010/03/31 at 17:34:33 (created by officer 1-6SUP1B). Do you see the difference in the date I submitted my application and when the file creation was done?

3. My FOSS Clearance expires on 2012/12/24
4. My RCMP Clearance expires on 2012/12/28
Here is where I see waste in the system. How can CIC allows Security clearances to expire and redo it at the cost of tax payers or increase work load on the security agencies for no apparent       reason.  

5. Between the time I submitted my application and October 22 at 13:58:58 when the GCMS was completed, 28 CIC staff have gone into my file and did almost nothing (no activity code). I   personally believe there is too much and unnecessary bureaucracy and time wasting at CIC. No     matter the level of verification required more than 5 people working on the same file (sometimes     the same day is waste, especially at CIC)

6. Thunder Bay Ontario used to be my local office until recently. My file was sent to Thunder Bay on January 17th 2012 (actual RECEIVED STAMP not printed time stamp). Nothing happened to my file at the local office until July 18th 2012 when it was returned to Sydney. What was this local office doing for all that long time? Another waste in the CIC system. 

On the  19th of July, my file was assigned to Mississauga) and that is where it is now.
Certificate Creation has not started. Case has not been assigned to a judge, Test is not scheduled except that Mississauga has already viewed my file 12 times.

I called the Call Centre and was told since my case is at Regular Priority and my Clearances are expiring, I should send a letter with some supporting documents to a case processing officer (gave me the address) to move it from Regular to Expedite. I sent it today but not sure it will work.

By the way all the documents I submitted with my application are scanned to my file including the front and rear sections of the Xpresspost envelope.

I think the problem killing CIC is bureaucracy and not immigration fraud. 

We really do not understand why CIC can not cut off "the waste time" so as to make every applicant happy?  Hope the government understand and change it soon...
Forestmember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 8:44am
Originally posted by tst tst wrote:

What is Foss clearance?

I am not exactly sure what it entails as that is exactly what is written there. However, I know it is not RCMP clearance because there is a separate date and section for that. It could be Immigration Clearance (whether you have immigration fraud issues or whatever-not sure). It could also be a CSIS Clearance (Canadian Security Intelligence Service). Maybe, someone with more knowledge on the issue can help 
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:34am
Originally posted by tst tst wrote:

What is Foss clearance?

CIC clerk checking their own Field Operations Support System (FOSS) for any adversary notes related to your case. FOSS is their older system that is (along with CAIPS) being replaced by GCMS.
So you can interpret that as them checking their own files to see if there is anything going on with you from your previous interactions with CIC.
tst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 3:01pm
Thanks Forestmaster & akella,
So that means they are checking there own records.

CIC is taking his own sweet time, best of luck both of you guys...
Applied-June,24th,2012
Acknowledgement-July 27,2012
In proecss- Nov 25, 2012
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:11pm
I don't understand why the file was created before the application was received. File created March 31 of 2010 and application sent in May of 2011. I am not following this or I am missing something.
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Vancan2012 Vancan2012 wrote:

I don't understand why the file was created before the application was received. File created March 31 of 2010 and application sent in May of 2011. I am not following this or I am missing something.
Fat finger mistake? Somebody was about to type May 2011, but typed Mar 2010 instead? Maybe official was thinking of something else at that moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic