Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BLUNDER!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLUNDER!!
    Posted: 22 May 2014 at 1:30am
Today I received a copy of case progress report (DVD) via ATIP.... 500+ pages that included each and every document I had submitted since I had applied for citizenship.

I, however, noticed a HUGE blunder that I had made when I filled up the initial application: I entered the landing date incorrectly --- instead of March (03), I typed April (04) ShockedShocked. Now I'm feeling extremely stupid committing this mistake and am very concerned regarding its repercussions. I not only lost 30 days, but I also stand a good chance of misleading CIC and thus my application could be rejected at this stage Cry.

On the other hand, while calculating the total number of physically present days using the online residence calculator, I used the correct landing date.

Kindly advice what should I do now?

Thanks,
TD123

Edited by TD123 - 22 May 2014 at 1:44am
St. Clair
Applied: Aug 2011
Started: March 2012
Test/Interview/RQ: July 2012
RQ submitted: Aug/Sep 2012
File xfered to Scarborough for Oath: 11 Aug 2014
Oath: 25 Nov 2014
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:03am
Hi TD123,
Did you request your ATIP as physical file or electronic file? My ATIP just show the system notes but not the actual documents I sent. Please let me know how you requested this type of report.

Regards,
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 6:09am
If the mistake you've done does not take you under the 1095 day you should be fine. The problem comes from two errors. First if the net APP days are less than 1095 and second if the typo error resulted in an absence that is not documented properly.Please give me some insight how to get such a report because mine is only a print out of the system not a CD that contains copy of actual file.
daktrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote daktrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 9:24am
The actual copy of your case file is 'Physical File'
Request for the data to be sent on a CD via mail.
Good Luck!

Originally posted by greeen greeen wrote:

Hi TD123,
Did you request your ATIP as physical file or electronic file? My ATIP just show the system notes but not the actual documents I sent. Please let me know how you requested this type of report.

Regards,
Landed: August, 2005
Applied: Feb 2010
Test: Jan 2011
RQ Received: Feb 2011
RQ Submitted: March 2011
Total Waiting Time: 52 months
Office: St-Claire
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:06am
Thank you. By the way I've spoke with MP office a week ago. They fully understand the situation and their response is similar to the call center. No help in this respect.
daktrader View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daktrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:10am
MPs dont have the influence they used to have years ago...
The applicant is better off ordering the ATIP report and finding out the stage the application is stuck at...

ATIP reports send a sense of nudge to the CIC Office; if there has been no activity on the file earlier...The ATIP forces the CO to brush the dust off the file and open it...'some movement is better than no movement'

Good Luck!

Thank you. By the way I've spoke with MP office a week ago. They fully understand the situation and their response is similar to the call center. No help in this respect.
Landed: August, 2005
Applied: Feb 2010
Test: Jan 2011
RQ Received: Feb 2011
RQ Submitted: March 2011
Total Waiting Time: 52 months
Office: St-Claire
TD123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:07pm
I requested for the physical file on CD...

Hi TD123,

Regards,
St. Clair
TD123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TD123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 2:08pm
Thanks Green... but is it recommended that I should call up CIC (call centre) and inform them about this? I still managed over 1095 days even with the incorrect landing date.

Further advice on this topic by other members will be highly appreciated!!

If the mistake you've done does not take you under the 1095 day you should be fine. The problem comes from two errors. First if the net APP days are less than 1095 and second if the typo error resulted in an absence that is not documented properly.Please give me some insight how to get such a report because mine is only a print out of the system not a CD that contains copy of actual file.

Edited by TD123 - 22 May 2014 at 2:10pm
St. Clair
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 5:50pm
TD123,
I believe at this stage it will be either/or decision. For me when I obtained a new document that further strengthen my case,the views that I received are toward taking this document to the CJ hearing when I have one instead of sending it now because it might cause additional delay to my case. However, based on the details of the document and its important relevance to my case I may go ahead and submit it. It's your call and the risk you are ready to take,there is no solid answer.
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by daktrader daktrader wrote:

ATIP reports send a sense of nudge to the CIC Office; if there has been no activity on the file earlier...The ATIP forces the CO to brush the dust off the file and open it...'some movement is better than no movement'

To my knowledge, there has not been any evidence to support a claim that ordering reports through ATIP results in any kind of action from CIC that otherwise would not have taken place. Case Officers don't deal with ATIP requests and review cases in the order assigned and/or in the order of priority.

Can you share the source of your information or observation? Thanks.

Edited by canuck25 - 27 May 2014 at 1:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic