Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few questions to applicants.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few questions to applicants.
    Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 10:17am
How many hours a day do you think you spent working on the application?

Did you ever spend days where you had to take breaks from it?

How did you keep from thinking of the application all the time?
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
Donvalley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donvalley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 9:49pm
As one of the most confusing applications I ever filled, it took hours, gone to days and weeks by the time I compiled all the documents required.
For a friend of mine I have done it for almost 6/7 hours in one-sitting. No breaks.
Now it is almost same time for similar applications
Its a trauma when I think about my first application.

Sent-May 22|E-cas "Rcvd": Nov 16|
In Process: Jan 29 2010
|Transf:Mar 08|
Test:30 Aug Oath: 16 Sep
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:52pm
We started compiling everything months before it had to be sent in. But that was more like requesting security clearances, asking for letters from friends, employment letter, etc.

It didn't really take too long once we got down to it because we had done all of our research already, We did our forms in a couple of sittings, took maybe 3 hours each time. First the sponsorship and then my part. And each writing something about our relationship.

It really wasn't something we had to pour over as it was pretty straightforward. The only hard part was gathering everything and figuring out where to get things from(proper photos, a medical exam, a marriage license/certificate after, etc)

We always took breaks between when we worked on it and did things like go out to eat or with friends or head to a movie. I'm paranoid, but Ross wouldn't let me think about it too too much hahah. he kept me grounded and made me relax. Just grab everything we could to put towards the app and then ship it out. Reminded me that we had included everything we could and noting else is in our power.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:44am
Aww audball that sounds just like how my fiance is. He is so calm through it all while I am panicking. He knows when it is bothering me and tells me not think about it. He tells me to get off the boards and not to look at the application. He says if I am up for it one day to fill out random parts and organizing then do it but to take breaks. He keeps telling me not to worry and that everything will get done but I get so nervous about not being able to get everything right in the package.

It also believes that we will be approved fairly easy but I am the second guesser. Lol. He is the perfect opposite to me and I need him to stay sane.

Edited by ColorMePanda - 05 Apr 2011 at 6:47am
INLAND!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:30pm
Lawl i know what you mean. I overthink everything and got paranoid looking for more and more to stuff in there. But yeah, he made me relax and just include what we had and leave it for immigration to sort out.

He said the worst that happens is that we end up with an interview and then we just fly me out and show them that we're real.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:33pm
So glad to know though that I am not the only one.
I think this immigration stuff will drive the calmest person to be insane.
I think it is just the thought that you could be potentially pulled away from the one you love that gets to you. I think though that we are our worst critics.

But that is how I feel too with the interview. Like it would cost a lot but I have no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't win it.
INLAND!
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:34pm
Panda, quit it gal, take a week off before you go insane. I from time to time became obsessive, then I started ignoring it for a week then dealing with it for a week. You may have noticed, since I sent in my application a couple of weeks ago I have not posted much on here, that is because, besides the paperwork, your time would be much better spent with Grant.

Just make sure it is in order, then once a week or so, check over it, spend the rest of the time building snowmen or something, talk to the daffodils, but do not let this take over your life for now, because in a few years time, it will all be, as Peter, Paul and Mary once sang, blowing in the wind.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:38pm
"in a few years time, it will all be, as Peter, Paul and Mary once sang, blowing in the wind"

Ohhhh ... redeagle ... you are SOOOO dating yourself!!  LOL
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:46pm
Cheaky git, Im 30, what can I say, I like good music, though my fiance would disagree as all I really listen to is country
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:46pm
Thank you so much redeagle.
I am glad to have you here to remind me of the important things.

On the plus side of today, I got my Newfoundland driving license today.
I am super happy about that. Big smile
INLAND!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic