Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrote exam at Calgary office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoqfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrote exam at Calgary office
    Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:04pm
Just want to share some experience with applicants here.

I took my exam at Calgary office today, interview was pretty short, the officer went over my passport stamps. I showed her my CRA NOA for the past five years to prove I was working full-time and paying taxes. I also have my lease agreement, phone bills with me, but she didn't bother taking a look and ask me to take these paper back.

The only thing worth noting is that I submitted my application early last Nov. and went back to my home country in march for 5 months, back to Canada couple of days before the exam. The officer took a note of my travel on her file. I'm not sure if that will trigger an RQ or not, but CIC are definitely taking your presence in canada after submission into account.

Written test was easy, the officer who gave out the paper said they are processing really fast now, we should receive a letter from them in 2-3 weeks.
chemgal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:14pm
That's great! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the quick processing so far. 9 months from sending in the application to the test date is great. Let us know when you get your oath date.
haoqfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoqfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:40pm
< id="thunder_helper_plugin" ="application/thunder_download_plugin" height="0" width="0">here are my timelines:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 12, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on November 12, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 16, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Calgary CIC office on July 14, 2011. The Calgary CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Calgary CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
soon-to-be-canadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soon-to-be-canadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 8:45pm
Thanks for sharing your test/interview experience and time line. Being a Calgary applicant and having the same scenario of going back to home country for five months after the application makes my case pretty similar to you.

My case is simple, fulfilled the 1095 days requirement, worked for most of my time in Canada, paid taxes, no work or any kind of tie to any other country. No travel at all in 3 years period.

I took my test on June 6th this year and waiting for oath for 2 months and 3 days.I was expecting the oath soon or some kind of additional documents request from CIC but so far nothing.

CIC Calgary is sending the test notices pretty fast nowadays.I hope the same for Oath notices too.

Good luck and thanks again for sharing your experience. It makes the forum informative and alive.

Received July 27,2010 E-CAS Mid Nov. 2010 In process 28 March,2011 Transfer 09 May,2011 Test 06 June,2011 Oath May 17, 2012
haoqfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoqfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:00pm
did you check status online? you can call cic to check if there is any result as well < id="thunder_helper_plugin" ="application/thunder_download_plugin" height="0" width="0">
soon-to-be-canadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soon-to-be-canadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:19pm
I check my status online every day sometimes twice a day.I made a call to call centre a week back, they said waiting time after the test for oath was 5-6 months. So, wait patiently. Your case is in process.

I hope you get your oath soon. 
Received July 27,2010 E-CAS Mid Nov. 2010 In process 28 March,2011 Transfer 09 May,2011 Test 06 June,2011 Oath May 17, 2012
haoqfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoqfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:01pm
< id="thunder_helper_plugin" ="application/thunder_download_plugin" height="0" width="0">they are obviously lying, the timeline posted online is 2-4 months.
Batman View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:11pm
Hi be-canadian
They told me they only change the e-case only every Tuesday so do not be panic and try to calm down, i can see there is a trend of slowing down the citizenship these days i do not know what is going on
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 5:51pm
haogfu,
Did you get your citizenship already?
chemgal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chemgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
Yes he/she did. This was from a different thread.

Originally posted by haoqfu haoqfu wrote:

Submit application in early Nov. 2010
Transferred to calgary office in early july 2011, exam letter in mid july, 2011
exam on aug. 9, oath letter today, aug. 24, oath ceremony on sept. 22, 2011

background: came to canada for study in 2001, work between 2006-2010. two short trips out of country during the 4 years period, left country for 5 months after the citizenship application, have physically been in canada for about 1200 days at the time of applying.

pm me if anyone needs more info, i will glad to help out.

thanks for the info and help from this forum! good luck everyone!

Edited by chemgal - 20 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic