Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Letter from Sydney - RQ or something else???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letter from Sydney - RQ or something else???
    Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:20pm
I called call center today and agent mentioned that Sydney office sent me a letter last week. Any idea what this letter could be RQ, Fingerprints or something else? Also mentioned the file is intransit to local office.
I do not see any details about the letter on my online eCas.

Any thoughts
kesacophedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesacophedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:47pm
I hate to say it but it's most certainly a RQ. The fact of sending RQ doesn't show on E-cas.
App sent 04/26/11...Ack. Letter Sent 05/04/11...RQ recv'd 06/11/12, ...RQ docs rec'ved by CIC july 19/12....Trx 2 Local CIC 06/21/12...Test invitation sent 02/14 for March 1...Oath on May 31/13
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 7:58pm
In transit to local office? Looks like RQ. It may be not, but I don't remember anything else asked by Sydney to reply to local office. Is this scenario common for FP or anything else? To my understanding clearances must be completed before sending file to local office.
ABCitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

In transit to local office? Looks like RQ. It may be not, but I don't remember anything else asked by Sydney to reply to local office. Is this scenario common for FP or anything else? To my understanding clearances must be completed before sending file to local office.

Thanks guys for your thoughts.

When I asked agent if my file transferred to local office, he mentioned that file is in transit to local office. Also not disclosed what's this letter for?

Does snail mail take more than 7 business days to reach calgary from Sydney? Will RQ request details be shown eCas?

Hope to get the letter sometime next week. I already have CBSA and CBP documents, the rest will be some bank statements which I haven't saved for some time in the beginning.  I hope to send my package by end of next week if it is RQ.

I think when I sent my file, I only sent biographical information pages of my new passport and not sent old expired passport biographical information pages. Not sure that was a requirement in Oct 2012 to send all new and expired passport copies...

Edited by ABCitizen - 27 Sep 2013 at 8:10pm
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by ABCitizen ABCitizen wrote:

Does snail mail take more than 7 business days to reach calgary from Sydney? Will RQ request details be shown eCas?

I suspect it does not necessarily mean that has your correspondence is with Canada Post. With CIC it many mean that sending action was initiated, that may mean a letter in a queue for printing or in a queue for sending in an office responsible for mailing correspondence. Keep hope it's not an RQ though. These days RQ does not show up on ecas.

Edited by EasyRider - 27 Sep 2013 at 8:18pm
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 4:55pm
Sorry to disappoint, but the letter is very likely an RQ. If I were you, I would start preparing the documents to save some time. Many reported that the Fingerprint request letter is added to eCas, while the RQ letter isn't.

Good luck gathering the necessary paperwork.

Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 4:57pm
And yes, you will need color copies of all pages (even blank ones) of all passports held (since the beginning of the relevant four year period until present, I believe)

Edited by Vancan2012 - 28 Sep 2013 at 5:04pm
ABCitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Vancan2012 Vancan2012 wrote:

And yes, you will need color copies of all pages (even blank ones) of all passports held (since the beginning of the relevant four year period until present, I believe)

Thanks Vancan for your opinion and time. All entries I declared on residence calculator matched with the CBSA and CBP, would it be sending just Canada exist evidence(all passports pages copies)  with the completed  RQ form enough for CIC to assess my application?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:09am
Originally posted by ABCitizen ABCitizen wrote:

Originally posted by Vancan2012 Vancan2012 wrote:

Thanks Vancan for your opinion and time. All entries I declared on residence calculator matched with the CBSA and CBP, would it be sending just Canada exist evidence(all passports pages copies)  with the completed  RQ form enough for CIC to assess my application?

Do not take any chances.

My recommendation is to send color photos of all pages of all passports held since the landing date (to present), the CBP report, the CBSA report, T4's (or other income if a consultant), bank statements, credit card statements, lease agreements and rent/lease payments (or mortgage documents), school letters and transcripts (if you have kids), CRA Notices of Assessment, Provincial Health Plan history of medical related visits, and any other relevant proof you may have that proves your residence.

The blog below (maintained by a forum member named Eileen, whose efforts are appreciated) will give you ample information on this:
ABCitizen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABCitizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:20pm

[/QUOTE]

Do not take any chances.

My recommendation is to send color photos of all pages of all passports held since the landing date (to present), the CBP report, the CBSA report, T4's (or other income if a consultant), bank statements, credit card statements, lease agreements and rent/lease payments (or mortgage documents), school letters and transcripts (if you have kids), CRA Notices of Assessment, Provincial Health Plan history of medical related visits, and any other relevant proof you may have that proves your residence.

The blog below (maintained by a forum member named Eileen, whose efforts are appreciated) will give you ample information on this:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Vancan for the link. I called CIC again today and gave me more details than previous calls. Agent mentioned that file was already in calgary office and also mentioned that all background checks completed except RCMP. I was told that RCMP check initiated in 3rd week of sep.

I was looking at the RQ form, for the questions "ABSENCES FROM CANADA" and "family members addresses", does it need to be only for the citizenship application time period or even after the application time period until now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic