Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

March 2009 Applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: March 2009 Applicants
    Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:43am
Hello,

I am a March Applicant.

So far my timeline is as follows.

Applied 18th March 2009,
Ecas received status 19th August 2009 (got the letter on 9th Sept 09)
Ecas In process since Oct 20th 2009.

I called the CIC on friday and was told the files are being transfered and should see a change in status over the next two weeks.

iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:42pm
Any updates from the March Applicants ?
yarabamba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yarabamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 8:17pm
No updates so far. Still waiting for office transfer.
iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:21pm
Thank you Yarabamba.

I noticed the other applicants state that the CIC indicates their file is transfered but the local office has not opened the batch that your application is in.

Once the local office opens it, is when the ecas status updates with file transfered.

Its been 44 days for me now and still waiting for the update to happen.

How about you?
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:28pm
i guess CIC won't be meeting the 6-month deadline anymore.....more and more delays for applicants.

CIC is getting hopeless. Or maybe its the old judges who can't work alot.
iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 7:59pm
Hello Canvis,

I didn't understand what you meant to say about the 6 month deadline. It that how long it should take to complete the citizenship process?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
iyusufali:
I was actually taking about the time it takes them to OPEN application...they are opened around 6 months after being received.
So a September 2009 application will get opened in March 2010.....
iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:44pm
Oh really ? Wow, Are there that many applications being submitted ?

I wonder how long it will take for the files to be transfered. That is what i am waiting for now. I noticed a few said it took them 4 to 6 weeks. Its been 6 weeks for me and still no change. Gets frustrating as i was hoping to travel but i heard its best not to until your whole process is completed.

Sigh... all we can do is wait.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:47pm
yup....it takes them 1-2 months for transfer, plus holidays are approaching so you know govt employees.....its freakin christmas lunches and parties now....not much work being done....we'll wait a little longer.

iyusufali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyusufali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:52pm
Great ! Well i was hopin to have the test in Jan. But i guess it will be in Feb now. :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic