Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victoria BC Citizenship Applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 88>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victoria BC Citizenship Applicants
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:33am
Hi All Victoria Applicants,

Please post timelines here

Thanks

VicGuy
GabGil View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabGil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 11:50am
Mailed on May 3rd
Received on May 7th
E-CAS showing as received on October 22nd
Acknowledgment letter received on November 9th (dated October 20th)
In process since November 23rd

G.
rogerspass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerspass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 2:03pm
Hi. I apply in April. Though the "In progress" status just pop up on Nov 27 after call in.
Detail schedule listed as my signature. Cheers~
Happy Canadian now!
VicGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VicGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:10am
I applied for me & child (father and daughter). wife was not eligible at same time due to her acquiring PR status later.

=============
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 5, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on January 5, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 3, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Victoria CIC office on August 20, 2009. The Victoria CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Victoria CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
=============

Been waiting for the test !Confused
Tine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:49am
Thanks for starting up this thread, VicGuy. It took me a few days to clue in that the forum had moved!!! Embarrassed

Here's the time line for me and my 9-year old daughter:
========================================
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 8, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on December 8, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 13, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Victoria CIC office on August 24, 2009. The Victoria CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Victoria CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.
========================================

Waiting for the test as well.

Hey VicGuy, did you see on the old forum that Sleep_apnia did the test on September 17 2009, called the Victoria office to ask for an oath date and was told told that they MIGHT invite them for the April 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocked

Tine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 5:20pm
Just thought I'd bump this thread... Nobody got any news???

It seems that there are a lot of us out there waiting for a loooooooooong time in Victoria...
vic_citi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_citi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 1:54pm
Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on January 8, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 11, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Victoria CIC office on August 25, 2009. The Victoria CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Victoria CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

Nothing since.

rambo44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rambo44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 2:12pm
check with the postman he might be dead 
Tine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 12:31pm
Just read in a different thread that the date for the implementation of the new citizenship test is postponed until March 15. I wonder if our little group will be invited to write our test before that date...
vic_citi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic_citi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 2:07pm
Even if it wasnt postponed, we would be writing the old citizenship test.. right??

Anyways, I call cic and they said no updates for me.

Does anyone who how often there are citizenship tests in victoria?? once a month??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 88>
  Share Topic