Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Test invite for pre-test RQ'd applicants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test invite for pre-test RQ'd applicants
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:31pm
I want to start a thread to keep track of the applicants who got a pre-test RQ request and was invited to write the test.

I remember couple of people who reported this progress. 

As for myself:

Application received: January 9th, 2012
In process: November 1st, 2012
Pre-test RQ requested: November 1st, 2012
RQ submitted: November 26th, 2012 (without CBSA Travel History)
Visa Office: Vancouver
Test: Waiting impatiently!!

akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:37pm
As far as my memory tells me, there were no regular applicants like that to date on this forum.

There was one individual who had pre-test RQ resolved quickly, but his file was in process since 2009 or 2010 and was already with Program Support Unit instead of local office.
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:51pm
I remember 1 or 2 applicants from 2011 that were requested to submit the RQ prior to test and after a month they had a request for finger prints and then a month later to write the test.

For the majority in my opinion, most RQ's are going to be reviewed around the same time. Similar to the way it was issued in the first place. I believe it was the first week of November when so many applicants received RQ requests and their eCas status changed from received to in process.
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

I remember 1 or 2 applicants from 2011 that were requested to submit the RQ prior to test and after a month they had a request for finger prints and then a month later to write the test.

For the majority in my opinion, most RQ's are going to be reviewed around the same time. Similar to the way it was issued in the first place. I believe it was the first week of November when so many applicants received RQ requests and their eCas status changed from received to in process.

I think this may have applied for a few folks who were already dealing with local office.

Just for clarity - my earlier response relates to "regular" RQ requests issued by Sydney as part of procedural change - starting May 7, 2012.
goal80 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goal80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:59pm
Application received: May 2011
In process: May 2012
Pre-test RQ requested: May 2012
RQ submitted: July 2012
Test : Waiting
CIC Office: Montreal

vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 3:39pm
Thanks goal80

I hope you get a test invite pretty soon. 18-19 months already. Fingers crossed for you.
Clayton View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 4:10pm
My pre-RQ was sent back with all the documents (CBSA etc) in late Sep, 2012.  Last Friday, I called Call Centre, my file is not touched (maybe on the ground to collect dust, I think), not time and no schedule.  In early Nov, I called (3 weeks ago), they told me an officer is reviewing my file, now CIC call centre gave me a brand new information.  Oh, dear officer, Merry Christmas...

Edited by Clayton - 26 Nov 2012 at 4:14pm
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 4:31pm
Clayton,

Thats good news. Hopefully you'll get an invite soon! More pre-test RQ's are being issued but not many of those are being invited for test. CIC can not afford another huge backlog. But I am looking forward to seeing the next update on Citizenship Application Processing Time. 24 months? 26 months?

EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by vefabuyuk vefabuyuk wrote:

Clayton,

Thats good news. Hopefully you'll get an invite soon! More pre-test RQ's are being issued but not many of those are being invited for test. CIC can not afford another huge backlog. But I am looking forward to seeing the next update on Citizenship Application Processing Time. 24 months? 26 months?
The funny thing is RQ'ed applicants are officially excluded from timeline calculation-- check the fine print in the timelines page. So by giving out more RQ's CIC is actually improving timelines, at least temporarily! RQ'ed applicants disappear into the black hole with unaccountable timelines. Now that's very convenient!
vefabuyuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vefabuyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:14pm

There has be something we can do. We pay taxes in this country. It doesnt make sense to have files sit in the storage room. When a CO reviews a file, he/she is either satisfied with the information/documents provided or not. When a file sits in the storage room, the contents doesnt change. They should ask more information, in a more case by case basis. Not generic. Either request more documents and give applicant chance to support his claims, approve it or reject it. You cant just close the file with no action. That kust doesnt make sense, it is not efficient.

CIC is very flawed and for that reason they dont share much information with applicants. I think it is our responsibility to be more proactive and demand our rights. I am not sure about how much we can do or accomplish but w must at least try.

I am going to contact my MP and make him aware of the issues we, future Canadian citizens, tax payers are facing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic