Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR renewal procedure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR renewal procedure
    Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:24pm
Guys,

Good Morning. Thought of starting a new thread for this whole PR renewal process...Met an immigration consultant and decided to do it on my own.. Here are few questions...

-  personal history
- Employment history
- Address history..

1) All the above informations have just 4 rows and i stayed in various places and i need more space....so i need to add an additional page.. In the step to step guide, it asks me to print one more page and attach...why do i need to print one more renewal application and fill it?  Can i just attach one extra white paper for personal history, one for employment history and one for address history witha  total of 3 extra plain paper with details (just white papers)?

2) 730 day obligation: When i submit my document of July 1, i will have 752 days...but i am just curious..when is the actual cut off date? is it the date which CIC recieves my package i.e July 9..in which case i will have 760days (or) the day i post my document (752 days)? please confirm.

3) Is there anyway i can submit the PR renewal form ONLINE. The immigration consultant mentioned he can submit online...just wondering why cant i do by myself?

4)Do we need to get our documents notorized before sending to CIC like passport , landing document or just copies enough?

Since am filling out the form, it will help other members who are in the same boat and i like to have this thread continuing

Thanks for your help.

Edited by nureya - 16 Jun 2012 at 4:28pm
nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 1:35pm
Attn: Dpenabill

Address history:

Am trying to fill the address history in the PR renewal form. Am kind of stuck here.

1) Initially when i landed in Canada I  used my friends address for my PR card purpose . I never stayed there. In that time i maintained a valid US address and lived there. Do i need to mention both the US address and my friends Canadian address...or can i ignore my friends address and just give my US address. In that case, CIC might wonder why my PR card went to his address and why i did not mention that address. Please clarify?

2) After moving to Canada permanently the samething happened,  i used my friends address for mail purpose, but never stayed there. Then i moved to some camp facility and stayed there for 2 months and then again moved to another camp...Can i mention all together as one camp address or should i mention separately..

WORK/EDUCATIONAL HISTORY:

I left the US on April 2010, but i went to my country for 1 month and came back on May 2010.
So for that 1 month, i did not work anywhere...should i mention this....its confusing..

Help appreciated
Nureya

Edited by nureya - 25 Jun 2012 at 2:11pm
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by nureya nureya wrote:

1) All the above informations have just 4 rows and i stayed in various places and i need more space....so i need to add an additional page.. In the step to step guide, it asks me to print one more page and attach...why do i need to print one more renewal application and fill it?  Can i just attach one extra white paper for personal history, one for employment history and one for address history witha  total of 3 extra plain paper with details (just white papers)?

2) 730 day obligation: When i submit my document of July 1, i will have 752 days...but i am just curious..when is the actual cut off date? is it the date which CIC recieves my package i.e July 9..in which case i will have 760days (or) the day i post my document (752 days)? please confirm.

3) Is there anyway i can submit the PR renewal form ONLINE. The immigration consultant mentioned he can submit online...just wondering why cant i do by myself?

4)Do we need to get our documents notorized before sending to CIC like passport , landing document or just copies enough?

1. Yes.
2. 732 from the moment you became a landed immigrant to the day you signed your application for a PR card renewal. For example, if you sign and mail your application on June 25 and it takes 2 weeks to reach CIC, they will use June 25 as the actual date. 
3. No. You must print out the PDF of the application, fill it out, sign and mail with all applicable documents to the CIC. 
4. Copies should be sufficient. 
nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:39pm

Thanks Canuck.

Can you please help me with the second set of questions?

Nureya
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 3:59pm
1) Initially when i landed in Canada I  used my friends address for my PR card purpose . I never stayed there. In that time i maintained a valid US address and lived there. Do i need to mention both the US address and my friends Canadian address...or can i ignore my friends address and just give my US address. In that case, CIC might wonder why my PR card went to his address and why i did not mention that address. Please clarify?

If I recall correctly, the CIC is asking for all addresses where you resided. As such you need to provide your US address. 

2) After moving to Canada permanently the samething happened,  i used my friends address for mail purpose, but never stayed there. Then i moved to some camp facility and stayed there for 2 months and then again moved to another camp...Can i mention all together as one camp address or should i mention separately..

Same here - provide addresses where you lived. 

WORK/EDUCATIONAL HISTORY:

I left the US on April 2010, but i went to my country for 1 month and came back on May 2010.
So for that 1 month, i did not work anywhere...should i mention this....its confusing..

Yes. You will need to specify this in a form which asks where you worked/studied. If you were unemployed, state so. 

Edited by canuck25 - 25 Jun 2012 at 4:01pm
nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:29pm

1) Do you mean to say the address i used to recieve my Canadian PR need not to be mentioned, as i never lived there.

2) Its basically a vacation period for 1 month and not employed..i was in the transition between my country and US for a short vacation...

3) ************* provide address where you lived**********
Some addresses i just used to recieve government mails like drivers license, employment letter, bank account etc...i never lived there...so am assuming..we dont need to mention all that. Just the one where i lived? am i right????

Answers from members who already applied for renewal or who went through the process might help a lot.

Edited by nureya - 25 Jun 2012 at 4:31pm
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:32pm
Hi,

1. I believe the form specifically asks for all the addresses where you have resided, not your mailing addresses. So you don't need to mention your mailing address.

2. Yes, you do need to report the 1 month vacation and whether you were employed or unemployed/studying, etc...

I recently renewed my PR card if that gives you a peace of mind.
nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2012 at 4:41pm
Great...Thanks

i will do so for the above 2 questions.  while fillling the form i noticed these too..

3) In the travel history part Q21, i do not have enough space..so i added one xtra word document with the same arrangement as Q21. In the application (IM5444E) i filled 4 rows of my days out....and i have one more row(which i added in additional word document)...But in the application form, it asks for Total # of days...should i total there (or) should i total all together in the word document? i know these are sily questions...but i dont want any delays..

If i total in word document, what should i do for the total # of days in the application form, i cant putN/A there.

4) QUESTION 24 F)

THERE ARE 2 SIGNATURES IN THIS APPLICATION. THERE IS ONE AT  AT 23 E) AND ANOTHER ONE AT 24 F).. SHOULD I SIGN THE 24 F) BY ANY CHANCE??

nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:11pm
Dpenna/Canucks...

Any idea about my previous questions..

Thanks,
N
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 9:32pm
F. 24. Is for reporting a lost, stolen, destroyed or never received PR card. If this does not apply to you, clealy print Not Applicable or NA in the boxes and leave the signature blank. If it is applicable, fill it out accordingly and sign accordingly.

E. 23. This is the applicant's declaration as to the veracity of the information submitted in the application; this is signed by all applicants.

I am not sure about how to do the travel history given the limited space available on the form, given that the form has only four lines to report absences.

The guide says this: "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containng the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application."

That suggests not submitting a supplemental page (using word or such) but actually printing multiple copies of page 2 (containing item 21) of the application and filling in the information on those.

But with only four lines to report trips abroad, for many people this could be run into several additional pages, and seems to be a recipe for confusion and mix-ups.

That is what it says. I would probably do it the way they say, even if that is several pages (putting NA for all the other items in the additional copies of page 2), leave the box for "total number of days" blank except for the primary copy of page 2, and just put the whole total in the "total number of days" box on that copy of page 2 (the one in which you have filled out the other items). Seems a bit odd. That is what it says to do. But I do not really know. (They may want all such information in the exact format set up in the form so that it can be scanned mechanically, minimal human labour . . . but only four lines to report travel history seems bizarrely inadequate in these days of high mobility.)
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic