Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Citizenship test - letter missing - please help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizenship test - letter missing - please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizenship test - letter missing - please help
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:34pm
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forum for quite a while, but this is my first post - one that I make in desperation.

According to the information available online, my citizenship test has been scheduled for two weeks from today. The test date/time are indicated when I login to my CIC account, so I know exactly when my test will be. I am temporarily in the US, so the official CIC letter was forwarded to me by a friend via UPS. But the letter seems to be delayed at US customs, and I am afraid I will not receive it on time. Could someone who has taken the test please help me with the following?

1)  Can someone please let me know the substance of the letter? (I presume it is a standard letter). What documents do they want me to bring with me? What else does it say?
2) Do I need to bring the letter with me to the test?
3) My file is being processed in Scarborough. Will my test be held at the Scarb, civic centre?
4) If I don't get the letter delivered to me on time, what should I do?

Please help. Thank you.

alexum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 3:34pm
Hello Bandana,

1) in the letter is a checklist of the documents that you need to bring with you, here is what they are saying, bring all your documents that supported your application, but they require Permanent resident card/Landing paper/all passports you have including expired once and 2 more peaces of ID (driver license and OHIP) - ALSO YOU NEED TO PROVIDE THEM A COPY OF ALL YOUR PASSPORTS/VISAS AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS WHICH STATE YOUR NAME/DOB/NATIONALITY AND DOCUMENT EXPIRY!
2) in general you do need to bring the letter but they just didnt ask me about the letter as they had my file, so I guess this is only in case of lost file or something - don't worry you will be fine (I THINK) if you explain them that this is just got lost
3) you have to call CIC and they do have that information, so they will be able to tell you where and when (I know you have it in ecase though)
4)I don't think this is the problem but you can however ask the CIC once you call them - I guess you will be fine as it is not like citizenship oath letter which you need to sign it is just a checklist.

Hope this helps and good luck with your test!
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 5:18pm
Hi bandana,
You need to bring this letter with you because it includes a declaration/consent document that you have to sign it in presence with the CIC Officer. Good Luck!

Racon
bandana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:14am
Thank you, alexum and BlackRacon. I have, thankfully, received the letter. But it is addressed only to me (the principal applicant) and not my spouse, who is the joint applicant. Regardless, I presume we both have to be present at the test, and not just me? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:26pm
Hi bandana,
You both must have the letter. One for each of you under his/her name. As I previousely told you,  you need to sign the consent/declaration document that attached with this letter. The consent is one for each of you. Good Luck!
Racon
eli View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 11:36pm
@bandana. So what is the content of the letter?!
@alexum. Two pieces of ID, in addition to the current valid passport? what if someone does not have a driver licence.
bandana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by BlackRacon BlackRacon wrote:

Hi bandana,
You both must have the letter. One for each of you under his/her name. As I previousely told you,  you need to sign the consent/declaration document that attached with this letter. The consent is one for each of you. Good Luck!

There is no consent form attached to my letter. Just a notice to attend, and a list of documents to bring.

My wife's letter was not received. We will show up anyway, as her ecas shows that she has also been asked to attend the test.

If anyone has any experience of attending after not having received the letter, I would really like to hear from you.
Ben45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:34am
Actually you were suposed to have contacted CIC call centre so that you could send you a print out of the letter, some people do this

Originally posted by bandana bandana wrote:

Hi all,

I've been lurking around the forum for quite a while, but this is my first post - one that I make in desperation.

According to the information available online, my citizenship test has been scheduled for two weeks from today. The test date/time are indicated when I login to my CIC account, so I know exactly when my test will be. I am temporarily in the US, so the official CIC letter was forwarded to me by a friend via UPS. But the letter seems to be delayed at US customs, and I am afraid I will not receive it on time. Could someone who has taken the test please help me with the following?

1)  Can someone please let me know the substance of the letter? (I presume it is a standard letter). What documents do they want me to bring with me? What else does it say?
2) Do I need to bring the letter with me to the test?
3) My file is being processed in Scarborough. Will my test be held at the Scarb, civic centre?
4) If I don't get the letter delivered to me on time, what should I do?

Please help. Thank you.

OUT LAND APP (NAIROBI)
Application in Mississauga 09 Sept 11
First stage Approval 17 Nov 11
Transfered 2 Dakar 17 Nov 11
Dakar re-tranfered file to Narobi Jan 12
Decission made 07-12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:40am
Always call CIC and check with them for all your concerns. If you get any doubts, ask them to let you speak with their Supervisor.
Racon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic