Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toronto: Translate passport - arabic stamps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0nkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toronto: Translate passport - arabic stamps
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:01am
Hello everyone, 

I would like to be prepared for when the officer checks my passport during the day of the citizenship test and be able to readily provide a translated copy of the pages that contain entry and exit stamps - mainly arabic stamps. 

Does anybody know where I can get this done in Toronto? Preferably, downtown Toronto.

Thanks. 
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:56pm
Hi m0nkey,
As I know, most of Arabic stamps include dates in English specially departure and entry stamps.
Racon
m0nkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0nkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:42pm
Not the ones in my passport. stamps are in arabic letters and numbers. Thoughts anyone?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:02pm
Google, ask, lycos, yahoo . . . .

And then some critical sorting.

Maybe "Yes Translation Services in Toronto at 803 Queen St. West in Toronto. (I do not know, this is just one of the online results that seems both relevant and credible . . . recognizing, as anyone using online search engines is well familiar, many "hits" are not relevant, many not reliable.)

I just threw in these terms:
toronto arabic to english translation services

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:44pm
I've used MCIS (mcis.on.ca) for translation, but they are expensive, at least $80 per document.....so better to check their rates and go with the best price
m0nkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0nkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:09am
Thank you both, appreciate it. I'll check a few more online, and compare them to the at least $80 per doc. that MCIS would charge. Either way, I'll post an update once I get it done so that folks can use this for future reference. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 10:06am
Hi m0nkey,
You can do it in Calgary (full passport ) for about $200. If you need , I can send you the contact details. It will not take more than 3-4 days including mailing time.
Racon
m0nkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0nkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:45pm
Alright folks, here's an update as promised. 

I did manage to get the translations done. I did some research, and ended up doing them in Mississauga. 2 passports, ~25 stamps, cost a total of $65. Turnaround time was 1 hour! Certified Translator. Took these copies with me to the test, and the officer was more than happy to see them! I would advise those who have a lot of non-english stamps on their passports to take certified translated copies with them. It's an additional cost, but well worth it in my own opinion. Had I not had these copies, chances are, the process would've been delayed a little bit. 

Happy to provide the details (Name, Number, etc....) here, just not sure whether that would be against the rules of this community. Let me know. Meanwhile, if anyone needs the details, feel free to send me a private message. 

albertan2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertan2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by BlackRacon BlackRacon wrote:

Hi m0nkey,
You can do it in Calgary (full passport ) for about $200. If you need , I can send you the contact details. It will not take more than 3-4 days including mailing time.

Hi Racon,

Can you please send me the contact details for translation services in Calgary.Though I dont need it right now but want to keep them for future.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 3:36pm
Hi albertan2011,
To save your money (I did it myself), you need to print every single Arabic atamp or comment on your passports for every page number. You want to print only stamps without English or French languages. You need to transilate them as you know. For example, Entry Stamp to Cairo International Airport/Egypt on June 23, 2007 Page 7, etc. After you prepare the prints for all pages. You just need to send them to the (Reference who I will provide you with his business card details soon) who will review your transilation and compare them with your original passports and then stamp/authenticate them for you. You need to prepare photocopies of your passports and take them with you once you decide to stamp/authenticate them from my Reference.
Racon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic