Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

canada family class immigration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmp_32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: canada family class immigration
    Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 2:09am

I started chatting on line in year 2005 with my spouse in India.   She was a resident of India and I am a Canadian citizen.  After chatting on line for a longer period of time (2 years), we build a bond of trust and I have decided to visit her in India.   After initial meeting with her, her dependant child and parents, I started thinking to get married with this woman.    Since the lady already has a child from her first husband, I requested and made a clear point that I am looking forward for children after marriage as I wanted to have my own child too and I can be a father of my dependent's child too.    She first refused to have children after marriage because she already had a daughter from first husband.   I asked her that this is almost 3 years chat online and wait and now why is she refusing for children after marriage.  She said you will need to accept her dependent child after marriage and consider as own child and not to have any other child in life.    I was feeling very uncomfortable to accept this proposal.  I can always accept her dependent child and become a good step father but I can not accept that she does not want any more children after marriage because she had one daughter from first husband which is unfair.   After few meetings and a lot conversation, I convinced her to go for children after marriage.   I got married and sponsored my spouse and her dependent child to immigrate to Canada in Year 2008. They became landed immigrant on 21 Apr 2008.  Soon she got a permanent resident card, she told me that no more sexual relationship and no more children. I was shocked by this as I was really looking forward to continue my married life with one more child in our life.    I was scammed by her as I found her intention to get married was only to get PR in Canada.    She also threatened me that she will be going on social welfare and will sue me for domestic violence.   I spent a lot of money to bring them to Canada.  Money is not important that I can earn through rest of my life but what about time and hope which I lost.  I am almost 46 years now and I have a long way to go to divorce as she is asking me half of my house and bank deposits.   The house is only on my name that I bought after she came to Canada to make our life permanent but it did not work out.   I am very much confused and stressed as I found she is only behind my money.   Anything I try to tell her child, they call 911.  I did not want court matter in my life and I offered her to sign a separation agreement stating I will be responsible to pay her $ 1000 per month as being spousal support.   I have been paying since Jan 2010.   My question, could I be able to prove this as a marriage of convenience?  If yes, where can I send my complaint and what document am I suppose to send?  Please help me to come out of this as it really bothering me in my work and personal life.  

chan
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 8:12am
Given she immigrated to Canada four years ago - I think you will have a great deal of difficulty proving this was a marriage of convenience and filing a complaint with immigration. You've waited far too long. If you had reported this to immigration very soon after she had landed - then perhaps something might have been done. But I think it's far too late now and your complaint will be just viewed as a normal marriage gone bad.

Get yourself a good divorce lawyer to represent you in court and look after your interests. I think that's the most you can do now.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic