Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Record of landing versus COPR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojo2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Record of landing versus COPR
    Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 12:59pm
Hi,
I have received a notice to appear to take the Oath of Citizenship. In the letter, they asked for the record of landing (IMM 1000) if I have it. I don't recall I got anything like that. However, I do have the COPR.
Am I alright for the ceremony?
Thanks in advance
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 1:24pm
If you have your original CoPR, that is what you need.

Whether a PR has the "record of landing" or the CoPR depends on the date they landed. A PR received one or the other attendant their becoming a PR; do not recall the exact date, but I think the change took place about a decade ago or so . . . those of us who landed in the last decade (or so) were given the CoPR.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
jojo2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojo2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 1:59pm
Thanks a lot.
Heading to Thunder Bay on March 21, 2012 for citizenship ceremony - finally!
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 3:43pm
Congratulations. Enjoy.

Hopefully the good weather holds up.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
jojo2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojo2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 6:46pm
And nothing on the cic website. I guess it will be updated after the ceremony.
Quick question: Can I apply for passport in 2 weeks in Montreal where I will be heading (apply in person) and ask passportcanada to mail it to NWO? I will be coming back to NWO...
Kazakhstan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazakhstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by jojo2000 jojo2000 wrote:

And nothing on the cic website. I guess it will be updated after the ceremony.
Quick question: Can I apply for passport in 2 weeks in Montreal where I will be heading (apply in person) and ask passportcanada to mail it to NWO? I will be coming back to NWO...

You can put down any Canadian address in your passport application as mailing address, that's where the passport will be sent to. But only will be able to pick it up as they will require your ID and signature at the Canada post office. 

What's NWO, sorry? The only such abbreviation I know is the new world order... Smile
Forestmember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forestmember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 11:18pm
Congrats Jojo2000, especially coming from Thunder Bay.
For some reasons, CIC does not put Thunder Bay events on their site. Its strange.
jojo2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojo2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:12am
NWO is Northwestern Ontario!
Thanks for the tip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic