Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help on Citizenship Test Result Delay Reasons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help on Citizenship Test Result Delay Reasons
    Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:22am
Hello All,

We sat for our citizenship test in Mississauga center early May, 2011 and we have not heard from the office since then. We have called the given phone number 1-888-242-2100 many times all the response is "no problem with your file".

Who can I communicate with or where can I go, to get a more satisfying information concering the reasons why Mississauga office is not communicating to us?

Thanks

OmegaA
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 12:43pm
My impression: there is some problem.

If you were requested to provide additional information or documentation following the test that would explain the problem: RQ and being in a queue to see a Citizenship Judge. It will be awhile, a long while.

Otherwise, see a lawyer and/or at least request records (privacy act application) including FOSS and GCMS to see if they offer any clues about what is going on.

Also be sure to look at your eCas. Be sure CIC has your current contact information.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
OmegaA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 1:12pm

My impression: there is some problem.

If you were requested to provide additional information or documentation following the test that would explain the problem: RQ and being in a queue to see a Citizenship Judge. It will be awhile, a long while.

Otherwise, see a lawyer and/or at least request records (privacy act application) including FOSS and GCMS to see if they offer any clues about what is going on.

Also be sure to look at your eCas. Be sure CIC has your current contact information.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

I believe you that there is a problem. Solution is what we are seeking

We were not requested to provide additional information or documentation following the test.

We don't mind to see a Judge or waiting, but no communication to us at all since after the test.

How can we go about requesting for our records (privacy act application) including FOSS and GCMS to see if they offer any clues about what is going on?

Please what are the full meanings of these acronyms - RQ, FOSS & GCMS?

Thanks
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 2:21pm

see post by rrmaron at this page of the RQ discussions (this is a link) thread for information about obtaining records through a privacy request and links to the form to use.

If you were not requested to submit additional information or documentation, probably not a RQ case. RQ simply stands for "Residency Questionnaire" and is often used to refer to cases in which the applicant's case is examined to see whether or not there was compliance with the residency requirement.

It is possible that you might still get RQ but from reports here it seems like a lot longer time has passed than usual. Oath or notice of RQ usually comes, it seems, within three to four months after the test, at the longest, for most anyway. For vast majority posting here, two to three months is the time frame in which anxiety begins to elevate; more than eight months seems to be highly irregular -- unless RQ has already been imposed or there is some kind of investigation going on.

GCMS . . . do not recall the formal title but it is the acronym for the Global Case Management database, which eventually will be a single common repository of records for all Canadian immigration clients. It may be approaching, or have even reached for most, being complete already, I do not know, but I would still ask for FOSS records as well . . . and that acronym I really do not remember but the F stands for "Field" and it includes things like any notes taken attendant a POE examination and will for sure include things like a record of your landing as a PR, but if, for example, there were questions about meeting residency obligations, issues relative to admissibility, or such, those should show up in FOSS . . . all FOSS records should show up in GCMS as well but for now I'd request both.

These will not necessarily answer your questions, but they may offer some clues. They can be cryptic, full of acronyms, but if there is some outstanding issue they will often at least alert you to it.

If you can afford a lawyer, that seems like the best thing to do at this point.

OmegaA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmegaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 3:21pm

Thank you very much for this information.

I hope to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. I did not use a lawyer to process my Canadian Immigration PR. I applied as a professional from my country of origin through the Canadian Embassy and after many years, I and my family were given the PR (No Lawyer was involved).

I did not follow-up till now as I believe they have all my family information, but it's like something is not right some where.

I just want them to tell me what it is that is not right

I'm grateful to a friend who introduced me to this webside recently

Thanks

OmegaA
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:11am
Yeah, no lawyer is the norm, and that is true especially in applying for citizenship.

But, I agree, eight months since test and no hint, I'd be too nervous to let go. Maybe a lawyer will tell you that eight months is no big deal, to wait some more.

I never had any luck with the CIC call centre. Some people have reported getting specific information about their case.

Good luck.

Ben45 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 2:51pm
Have you tried your MP this one also can get more information on your file that you as a client can not get. I could first use my MP before going with a Lawyer because this one definently will ask you for money. Its really weird because even their website says results take max 4 month from the day you take a test.

Originally posted by OmegaA OmegaA wrote:

Thank you very much for this information.

I hope to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. I did not use a lawyer to process my Canadian Immigration PR. I applied as a professional from my country of origin through the Canadian Embassy and after many years, I and my family were given the PR (No Lawyer was involved).

I did not follow-up till now as I believe they have all my family information, but it's like something is not right some where.

I just want them to tell me what it is that is not right

I'm grateful to a friend who introduced me to this webside recently

Thanks

OmegaA
OUT LAND APP (NAIROBI)
Application in Mississauga 09 Sept 11
First stage Approval 17 Nov 11
Transfered 2 Dakar 17 Nov 11
Dakar re-tranfered file to Narobi Jan 12
Decission made 07-12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic