Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PR holder sponsoring application for pregnant wife
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR holder sponsoring application for pregnant wife

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falcon123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR holder sponsoring application for pregnant wife
    Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:03pm

Hello,
Please need your advise:

I am a Canadian PR card holder and am moving to Canada by Novemebr 2011 end on permanent basis. I got married after I had made my first landing.

Now once in Canada, I need to file application for sponsorship of my wife who is also 5 months pregnant.

Can I inform the immigration authorities that my wife is pregnant and file the papers now itself? If yes, how do I sponsor my child who is due next year?

OR

Do I wait for now and apply for both wife and child next year after the delivery?

Any other suggestions or what do you people suggest I should do?

Need your help on this.

Thanks

Ben2009 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:16pm
Well you have to file the Sponsorship Application for your wife first uncluding her medical exams, you may have to inform CIC as you may not till the baby is born, they will know when they get the meds because your wife can not do her x ray meds, When the child is born then you file the application for the baby too since the baby will not be qualified as a Canadian Citizen because you are still a PR. YOU CAN EITHER WAIT UNTILL THE THE BABY IS BORN TO APPLY FOR THEM. There are some senior in this forum who will give you more quidence in your situation. I am in the same situation as you my Application was sent in Semptember when my wife was 2 months pregnant
Appl Sent 09 Spt 2011, Received at CPC ......., Tranfered to Nairobi.........., In Process.........., Only God knows when
nabmeusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nabmeusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:21am

I agree with Ben2009 and what i also want to add is that you have to write a letter when submitting your application to let them know that she has not done the medical because she is pregnant. Don't forget to indicate she is 5 months pregnant so they will know when is the right time to request for the medicals. Then when the Bebe is born you just have to notify them the changes in your situation so they will update your file. Good luck!

Spousal Application sent to mississauga 03/05/2012
Application delivered 04/05/2012
First stage approval 27-07-2012
File transfer Accra 27-07-2012
medical done 29-12-2011
Interview 28-11-2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic