Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reasons for rejection?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bergson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reasons for rejection?
    Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 9:12pm
  Hello.  Does any one know what the major reasons are for the rejection of an application for permanent residency?  My wife and I have been waiting for 4 months now (applied in Beijing), and I am starting to get paranoid.

Any help at all would be appreciated.
Tinamari687 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinamari687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 10:02pm
One big one is that they might not believe your marriage is genuine, and the person from the other country only married you to come to Canada. This is why my husband was refused PR status, after which I had to appeal it. Did you give lots of proof of your relationship?
bergson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bergson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 11:29pm

Hello.  Thank you kidly for your post.  We gave photos of our three years together.  Mutual plane tickets to and from Canada and China.  Pictures with friends and family in China and Canada.  Train tickets.  Testimonies from friends.  Everything we could think of.  Wedding certificates.  Pictures of the actual ceremony and the honeymoon. 

I am worried that we will be rejected because I am not a wealthy man, working at the university where I am still finishing my doctoral studies, and I have a small part-time job as a translator  This waiting, without knowing is terrifying. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinamari687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:43am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinamari687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:51am
Understandable, but all that goes to show is how committed you are to your future together. You sound very organized too. Try not to let the unknown wear you down. Being rich is not a critical thing for family sponsorship. Whoever is the sponsor, is financially responsible for the new PR for 3 years, I think. As long as you or both of you are making enough money to live in Canada, once Permanent Resident Status is issued, you'll be fine. You're not expected to have a huge bank account. Are you planning on coming back to Canada, or are you already in Canada?
bergson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bergson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 1:46am
   Hello.  Thank you for your kind words.  It is much needed and appreciated.  I am in China with my wife, but I must leave on Oct 20 th as I have matters to take care of at the university. Thankfully the natre of my work allows me to not be present in Canada all the time.  I cant imagine what people must be going through when they have to live separate lives.
Megen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 2:20pm
IMO you provided a lot of proof of your relationship. In applying under spousal sponsorship you do not need to meet an income requirement. My husband and I are not wealthy at all, and we were approved. The process causes a lot of stress, but you have to remember to take it one step at a time. I got ahead of myself quite a bit with worry and thinking out every possible scenario, but once I realized it was out my hands I felt a bit better. Although, it was very had for me because I am such a planner.
Just remember to cross those bridges if/when they happen. All you can really do is support one another and wait :)
Spousal Outland (Buffalo)
App Rcvd: 7/19/10
Sponsor Approved: 8/20/10
Buffalo Processing: 9/7/10
Decision Made: 9/28/10
PPR: 9/30/10
COPR and PP in hand 10/12/10
Landed 10/29/10
PR Card Rcd 12/6/2010
sami55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sami55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 11:04am
THE IMM system checks for genuineness of relationship and background checks..IF something adverse is discovered then they take view on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic