Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

URGENT SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE IMM 5540 HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URGENT SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE IMM 5540 HELP
    Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 1:08pm

Hi everyone,

I am filling out IMM 5540 SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE for my wife. I am confused with section 8
- Have you resided countries other than Canada. I am not sure how far back should I list my wife's address for countries other than Canada. Is it since her 18th birthday or is it all the places she ever lived since birth ? Anybody with experience please comment.

Thanks in advance
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 1:15pm
i think since her 18th bday...when i filled up my forms i filled up the addresses since my 18th bday (if i remember right the form says since 18th bday) but then the immigrants guide says since the last 10 yrs
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 1:37pm

i think is the last 10 yrs....

read the guide.....
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 2:56pm
Hi

Originally posted by bflava bflava wrote:

i think is the last 10 yrs....

read the guide.....

"When all else fails, read the instructions"

Actually it is the last 10 years or to the age of 18 whichever is the longest.

11.Personal history. - You must account for every month during the past 10 years or since the age of 18, whichever period is longer. Under “Activity”, print your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, enter what you were doing (for example, unemployed, studying, travelling).
PMM
mapgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 5:03pm
It doesn't say anything about this question in the guide. The question is from IMM 5540 SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE
Question 8 - Give the name of the countries where you resided, your complete address(es) and phone numbers in these countries, as well as period of residence at each address

I would make the assumption that you need to list all countries since birth, since it does not say otherwise.   

My question is why is your wife not filling out the sponsor form herself?

Sent: 21 Dec 09
Rec'd CPC-M: 23 Dec 09
Sponsorship Appr'd: 13 Jan 10
PPR from London by email: 25 Feb 10
Landed: 6 May 10
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 5:51pm
Some people dont have the time to fill them out, if two people live together like we do for example, my fiance works as an accountant and this time of year is very busy for her. So I filled in the forms, asking her the questions I didnt know and then printed it, she then went over it, made any corrections (mainly spelling I'm shocking at that) and then signed them.
It may also be that his wife is filling them out, they are doing it together and he just happens to be the one making the query.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
canada2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canada2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:40pm
redegale: u r right.. my wife is filling out the form... and asking me various questions during the process..
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:53pm
I filled out ALL of our forms and my Sponsor is signing them..He works all day and I am at home unable to work and looking after our child. Makes more sense for us. Do we have to fill out the additional pages if we do not have space on the form or are required to put info on a separate sheet in block capitals?
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by britincanada britincanada wrote:

I filled out ALL of our forms and my Sponsor is signing them..He works all day and I am at home unable to work and looking after our child. Makes more sense for us. Do we have to fill out the additional pages if we do not have space on the form or are required to put info on a separate sheet in block capitals?

I would sugest, such as not enough space for question 9 for instance, on a form writing....... Please see attached sheet marked imm**** question number 9.
Then attach a sheet with your name your sponsors name, the form and question number and write out whatever is needed. It does not need to be block capitals.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
yeah thats exactly what we did...redeagle...just typed the answers out in black ink, and made it easier to give them clearer picture of our times spent together and explaining our situation in more detail.
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic