Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Urgent Help Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Help Needed
    Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:42am
Dear Senior Forum Members,

I have a situation :

My neice applied under skilled worker category . She is a Physiotherapist in India is currently working. She got rejected because the visa officer didn't give her 5 points in adaptability. She scored 63. The reason sited was that she could not prove the relationship. My neice, didn't  submitted her birth certificate, instead she submitted her 10th Class marksheet  which is considered alternative in India. Also there was nothing on record for my birth certificate and her relationship other than the usual papers that I gave such as PR CArd , Credit and Bank Statement but for relationship there was nothing much.

My question ??

1) She got her refusal on 15th of Aug. , Is there any way we can file the papers for relationship now. Can we take this matter to some higher authority.? Is there any mechanism that we can appeal the decision from India. What is the time limit to appeal the decision?

2) She doesn't have her birth certificate, as well as I don't have and also my brother doesn't have any birth certificates , so what other documents should we submit in order to prove.  

3) Will she get her documents back ? like copy of PCC, Transcript of Physiotherapist Studies. or I.ELTS. Score which were sent in original.

What would be the best course of action now? 

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 2:33pm
Hi

Originally posted by pepto pepto wrote:

Dear Senior Forum Members,

I have a situation :

My neice applied under skilled worker category . She is a Physiotherapist in India is currently working. She got rejected because the visa officer didn't give her 5 points in adaptability. She scored 63. The reason sited was that she could not prove the relationship. My neice, didn't  submitted her birth certificate, instead she submitted her 10th Class marksheet  which is considered alternative in India. Also there was nothing on record for my birth certificate and her relationship other than the usual papers that I gave such as PR CArd , Credit and Bank Statement but for relationship there was nothing much.

My question ??

1) She got her refusal on 15th of Aug. , Is there any way we can file the papers for relationship now. Can we take this matter to some higher authority.? Is there any mechanism that we can appeal the decision from India. What is the time limit to appeal the decision?

2) She doesn't have her birth certificate, as well as I don't have and also my brother doesn't have any birth certificates , so what other documents should we submit in order to prove.  

3) Will she get her documents back ? like copy of PCC, Transcript of Physiotherapist Studies. or I.ELTS. Score which were sent in original.

What would be the best course of action now? 

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Afraid she is out of luck as she couldn't prove the relationship. You may wish to read the following Federal Court decision http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/2011/2011fc956/2011fc956.html
PMM
pepto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:35am

Thank you very much for your answer , PMM. ( The case is an exact situation as my neice's)

Another issue , that involved , with new application is what should I give as date of birth proof instead of birth certificate to prove relationship. 

1) Neither me nor my brother has birth certificates, also in my neice birth certificate there is no name of her, i.e just 'Baby girl' with her father and mother name.

2) My neice used different spelling for her last name than her father and me , just a matter of numerology at some point. But all her certificates and proofs have this surname with added 'a' in the original surname.

Would this matter. ?

mayankpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayankpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 2:24am
hiiii...
i am also a physio from india..
if i am not wrong it is better to go for self declaration for birth certificate.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic