Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

multiple entry visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: multiple entry visa
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:47pm
hi guys,

i needed an opinion from you guys. i was sponsored by my husband from canada. i am originally from the Philippines. my permanent application was approved. we booked a ticket for delta airlines. that is from the philippines to canada. but when i got my ticket to the their office they looked into my papers and they asked me if this is the first time that i am going to fly outside the country. i said yes and they said i needed to get a multiple entry visa to be able to fly to canada. the reason was in the book ticket of mine i had a stop-over which will be in Seattle airport in the U.S.so they told me that i cannot use my ticket purchased unless i can get a multiple entry visa to the U.S. embassy. instead of applying again, we just decided to get another ticket which was a direct flight from philippines to vancouver. i dont have any problems with that. now that i am already in Canada and that i decided to go back in the Philippines do i need to get multiple entry visa again if ever i am going to book a ticket that has a stop-over in the U.S.?if i need to what documents am i going to get?please help. thanks guys in advance.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:51pm
Hi

Originally posted by jed jed wrote:

hi guys,

i needed an opinion from you guys. i was sponsored by my husband from canada. i am originally from the Philippines. my permanent application was approved. we booked a ticket for delta airlines. that is from the philippines to canada. but when i got my ticket to the their office they looked into my papers and they asked me if this is the first time that i am going to fly outside the country. i said yes and they said i needed to get a multiple entry visa to be able to fly to canada. the reason was in the book ticket of mine i had a stop-over which will be in Seattle airport in the U.S.so they told me that i cannot use my ticket purchased unless i can get a multiple entry visa to the U.S. embassy. instead of applying again, we just decided to get another ticket which was a direct flight from philippines to vancouver. i dont have any problems with that. now that i am already in Canada and that i decided to go back in the Philippines do i need to get multiple entry visa again if ever i am going to book a ticket that has a stop-over in the U.S.?if i need to what documents am i going to get?please help. thanks guys in advance.

Yes, if you travel through the US you need a visa. You apply at a US consulate in Canada. See: http://www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/vancouver.asp
PMM
happyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:28pm
yes you have too.. just go to us embassy's website for the list of documents you have to have. gather all docs that u may use to prove them that u don't have intention of staying in US and the visa is just for travelling purposes. if you decided not to get a mutiply visa for US you can just get a stop over wherein you dont have to get a visa for that country like HKg, seoul or narita in japan. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic