Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Have you ever submitted a sponsorship application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever submitted a sponsorship application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever submitted a sponsorship application
    Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 11:16am

Have you ever submitted a sponsorship application for another person before?

Hi,

I just got married 2 months ago. We are in the process of putting in all the details for the Spouse Sponsorship for my wife.

In the Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540], in question 16 CIC asks if you have submitted a sponsership application for another person before?

The answer is Yes. I've have put in a application for my Parents (my dad is the main applicant; we are still waiting for a decision from CIC )

Now, in [IMM 5481] Sponsorship Evaluation in question 5B ii)

CIC is asking for "persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect"

Here, I have listed my dad and mum.

Question to members to the forum:

in IMM 5540 in question 16, do I need to list both my dad and mum (at the moment I have only listed my dad since the application is under his name, whereas in IMM 5481 persons included in that application are two (2) i.e my mum and dad.

Is this correct ?

Thanks a bunch!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic