Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LMO issued. Any known issues?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LMO issued. Any known issues?
    Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 3:23am
Hi all,
this is my first post here.
I was in Canada for 4 years under 2 WP for 3 years.
The last year i i applied twice for LMO and they got denied so i over stayed in Canada for a few months.
Now i got a LMO for a 6 months contract but i am kind of afraid of getting denied at the port of entry by the officer if he knows that i left the country with no status 2 months ago and even worst .... worked for a few other with no status at all waiting for the LMO's approval.

I live in a country where no TV is needed prior to visit Canada (Portugal), so i just need to show up at the port of entry (airport in this case).
Plus i think i dont need any medical cause its just a 6 month WP application.

Shall i be concerned about this or is just panic? LOL

The question is, i talked to 3 immigration consultants and 2 told me to show up with LMO, contract and job offer (letter from Employer) and 1 told me "... dont do it now cause i can guarantee you they will send u back."

So i am kind of confused here.
Plus my wife is 6 months pregnant and i have the feeling if they see her that way at the Airport they will send us all back in the same day.
LOL

Any extra info, advices?

My problem is also, i had a hard time to get the LMO approval since its not easy to get it these days for roofers (any kind of roofer. i applied as almost supervisor), so i dont know if i shall waste this LMO and apply for a new one and wait a few months more away from Canada or i should take the chance and spend thousands of dollars on plain tickets, cross my fingers and hope everything goes alright at the airport.

Txs in advanced

Edited by cmnam - 27 Jun 2011 at 4:12am
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:33pm
Is there any stamp on your passport that you only left two months ago?

Originally posted by cmnam cmnam wrote:

Hi all,this is my first post here.I was in Canada for 4 years under 2 WP for 3 years.The last year i i applied twice for LMO and they got denied so i over stayed in Canada for a few months.Now i got a LMO for a 6 months contract but i am kind of afraid of getting denied at the port of entry by the officer if he knows that i left the country with no status 2 months ago and even worst .... worked for a few other with no status at all waiting for the LMO's approval.I live in a country where no TV is needed prior to visit Canada (Portugal), so i just need to show up at the port of entry (airport in this case).Plus i think i dont need any medical cause its just a 6 month WP application.Shall i be concerned about this or is just panic? LOLThe question is, i talked to 3 immigration consultants and 2 told me to show up with LMO, contract and job offer (letter from Employer) and 1 told me "... dont do it now cause i can guarantee you they will send u back."So i am kind of confused here.Plus my wife is 6 months pregnant and i have the feeling if they see her that way at the Airport they will send us all back in the same day.LOLAny extra info, advices?My problem is also, i had a hard time to get the LMO approval since its not easy to get it these days for roofers (any kind of roofer. i applied as almost supervisor), so i dont know if i shall waste this LMO and apply for a new one and wait a few months more away from Canada or i should take the chance and spend thousands of dollars on plain tickets, cross my fingers and hope everything goes alright at the airport. Txs in advanced

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
cmnam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:52pm
no not at all.
we dont get stamps on our way out of Canada and we dont get any stamps when we get back home.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic