Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview after principal approval

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellod245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview after principal approval
    Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:32pm
I applied for my immigration under family sponsorship category after I got married here. When i call the call center they say that my process has been done and I received a letter today that says that I have been scheduled for an interview in June. They asked me to bring 2 photos, and $490 as the fee for permanent residence. They also advised me to bring my wife with me. I am just confused if its a interview or they just want to meet me before conforming my permanent residence status. Because if it was an interview they would have told me to bring more proofs or anything. I am so confused because if it is an interview me and wife have no idea what kind of question they are going to ask or how long that interview will go. If any of you have been through the same situation please help us to get an idea as what is going to there. 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:33am
Hi

Originally posted by hellod245 hellod245 wrote:

I applied for my immigration under family sponsorship category after I got married here. When i call the call center they say that my process has been done and I received a letter today that says that I have been scheduled for an interview in June. They asked me to bring 2 photos, and $490 as the fee for permanent residence. They also advised me to bring my wife with me. I am just confused if its a interview or they just want to meet me before conforming my permanent residence status. Because if it was an interview they would have told me to bring more proofs or anything. I am so confused because if it is an interview me and wife have no idea what kind of question they are going to ask or how long that interview will go. If any of you have been through the same situation please help us to get an idea as what is going to there. 

CIC appears satisfied that the Marriage is bona fide, so if you show up with your spouse, the 2 pictures, your passport and the $490 you will be "landed" . Congratulations.
PMM
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:29am
You are likely to be asked a number of questions related to confirming the information they already have processed, and related to current circumstances, most notably of course that you and your sponsor continue to be in an exclusive, committed partner relationship and that you do in fact live together (a condition of inland partner sponsorship).

As PMM says, they are probably satisfied as to the bona fides of the application, so no additional proof is necessary beyond you and your partner confirming the specific elements of eligibility to become a PR via the inland sponsored partner process.

Even spousal sponsored PR applicants in the outland process are "interviewed" as to certain essential elements before they land and become PRs, even though the visa has already been issued. While such interviews are largely a formality, perfunctory in nature, they are a required formality and they are essentially the last check stage in the process, inquiring in particular as to whether there has been any material change in marital status, criminal history, and such. Similarly for those in the inland process except for the additional requirement that the sponsoring partner as well as the applicant confirm the continuing nature of the relationship and continued cohabitation. Pretty simple and straightforward, and for legitimate couples actually living together, very easy, pretty much stress free.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
hellod245 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellod245 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:19pm
Thnx for your response friends. Does this interview is called landing interview? I heard landing interview is relatively easy and just a formality. I have another question, Will I be asked to go through medical and security checks again? I have submitted my medical and police clearance information when I applied for the spousal sponsorship. How long the whole process will take to get my PR card after that interview?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic